🔵🔴 The Caley v Ayr ⚪⚫

6 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

if we win it would be fucking brilliant but I just feel f**k all towards it. 

Each to their own. I’m buzzing for it, I’m going to get a fantastic day out with my mates, bar the 90 mins of football probably, but by 5pm on the 3rd June I be convinced we are winning the thing and already planning the trips to Europe.

Just now, Hursty said:

Mark McKenzie has 114 or so games for Ayr and by my reckoning has scored 3 goals at Somerset and 2 important goals away at Inverness in there.  What a guy.  

He got 2 goals away to Dundee. Did he not?

Just now, PB1994 said:

Each to their own. I’m buzzing for it, I’m going to get a fantastic day out with my mates, bar the 90 mins of football probably, but by 5pm on the 3rd June I be convinced we are winning the thing and already planning the trips to Europe.

As you should, I wish you all the very best against the green arse cheek. I'd be thrilled if yous beat them again!

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He got 2 goals away to Dundee. Did he not?

He did.  That was his first two for the club. He's scored at home to Partick too and away at Morton.  Was more pointing out that having McKenzie away to Inverness is basically a cheat code. Scores every time 

Fair play Ayr, by far the better team in the first half and showed great resilience to win it in the second. Thought you looked so much more up for it from the off, caused constant problems going forward and were really well organised.

On the other hand, I am gutted with our performance. We were miles off it. That first half is just inexcusable. How many fucking times this season I’ve had to watch us lump the ball towards a 5ft 7 Billy Mckay and then lose every resulting second ball is a joke. Absolutely no fight at all either.

Subs and change of shape second half made a real difference, again though totally wasted Samuels by barely playing balls in behind and instead playing predictable pedestrian pish in front of Ayr. Why Nathan Shaw keeps getting moved centrally for Dan Mackay who is about as present as Casper the friendly ghost 4 weeks out of 5 is beyond me. 

Realistically, it would’ve been an abomination if we’d somehow made the playoffs given how utterly shite we’ve been for 90% of the season but to lose it in that manner is so frustrating. I really would’ve fancied us given the recent run of form. Going to be massive changes this summer I expect, majority of the squad are out of contract including some vital players such as Allardice and Mckay. 

I hear Dodds has signed a new deal, still unconvinced he’s the man to get us out of the Championship however there’s something to be said for continuity. The most important thing for me on top of that is that the players all seem to speak highly of him, despite the trials and tribulations of this year. Choosing to be hopeful we can use some of the funds from the cup run to retain a few, and sign slightly better quality.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Every time I think of Braveheart now I remember A Shot At Glory, where a plucky provincial club gets promoted back to the top flight. Featuring a team with Owen Coyle and Ian McCall.

That half dead Airdrie team were quite good tbf 

Ayr fully deserved that win last night. All over us from the get go and looked better all over the pitch for most of the game. We did get on top for a period in the second half but even then they still looked a threat on the break. Thought at the time the opener may have been offside but the videos above clearly show he was on. 

Bizarre from Dodds to watch us shell long balls forward to Mckay (but most of the time it was no one) and think this was okay. So many players fell flat at a time when we needed them. Worst was Allardice who had an absolute nuke of a performance. Taking on Woods instead of Doran was laughable. Just more bizarre Dodds moments that sum up our season.

As I've said before results recently have been good but performances have been poor for a good number of weeks. We were able to shitfest our way past jobbers like Cove but when a decent team like Ayr comes along we're found wanting.

The league next season could be the most difficult in a while and it's hard not to feel we've missed our best chances to get out of here now. 

dontforgetyourehereforever.jpg

Did enjoy Mullin sarcastically applauding the home fans when he was subbed off :lol:

Edited by RiG

Guest ICTFCwife

It was a deserved win to you as well last night. The first half we seemed to be all over the place. The second half was a bit better from us but overall ayr were the better team last night.Haven’t been to a home game  since august should stick to away games as seem to be have been a bad omen for caley last night. 💙❤️

50 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Thought there would be some post-match Inverness chippy reviews up by now.

We've had our chips.

@RiG mentioned it already and when Josh Mullin was withdrawn, he clapped our young team then proceeded with the same as he walked beneath the north stand. There's a wee grey haired rager who works part time in our ticket office who normally saves his raging rage for referees, he left his seat to ragingly berate the bold Josh at the pitch perimeter. At that very instant there was a home attack and for no reason other than the comedy, I was willing a goal. However, just like the game in general, much was in prospect but there was precious little delivered.