Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

21 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Before opening this thread I had genuinely forgotten that Cowdenbeath Football Club still existed.

You and your 9000 other townie pals will never forget the 3-0 humiliation from the minnows along the road, so stop telling lies, you’re not 6 years old anymore. 

15 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

So what were the reasons ? You obviously being at meeting.

Not worth repeating the reasons as this forum isn’t interested in a reasoned debate. The fans that were there are the important people and tho most agreed, some didn’t but think everyone appreciated the difficulties all Clubs were placed in by Maxwell etc and the required action going forward.

3 hours ago, highlandmac said:

No,you really aren't.

What's getting most people's goat here is the no fucks given attitude cowden supporters are giving to their clubs betrayal of Scottish football

No one likes us,we don't care.who else says that.....?

I can only speak for myself and say that I have adopted a fairly bombastic attitude on the multitude of threads that have popped up on the similar subjects.  I’m a fairly placid guy, but only taking so much of the crap that has been thrown at us.   

Cowdenbeath fans are some of the nicest, easy going folks I’ve come across. 

I’m gonna step back from these B team/conference/good guy list/shit stirring threads as they have been mostly a complete waste of air. People who may know more than most are shouted down by the empty vessels on here, when trying to give information to the best of their knowledge.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

As far as I can tell the board did it because they believed the ugly sisters and the SFA's baseless pish. And now they're trying to put forward the B team and friends show anyway. If they'll listen to meaningless threats then we can put pressure on them to make sure this nonsense never gets voted for by us again. Gain a set

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

You and your 9000 other townie pals will never forget the 3-0 humiliation from the minnows along the road, so stop telling lies, you’re not 6 years old anymore. 

Who was the celebrity that Poet of the Macabre claimed to have shagged some years back? Was understandably using another user name for a while but it’s crawled back from under it’s stone :) 

6 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Who was the celebrity that Poet of the Macabre claimed to have shagged some years back? Was understandably using another user name for a while but it’s crawled back from under it’s stone :) 

I remember this story but don’t recall who, mainly because until a few minutes ago I forgot PotM even existed.

Ad usual like most threads, this has become a 25 year old married couple.

10 of the 16 clubs voted to keep the weans in. We are not privy to their reasons why. Speculation is rife.

The b teams in LLland don't seem to have been the roaring success we were promised. 😱

So the next wonderful idea is this conference malarkey.

It appears that the 16 LLland clubs have been told different versions of this proposal, probably dependent on their history.

All that the bickering has done is the usual; the coo fans on here have become passive aggressive towards the rest. The other 9 plus the no voters are incredibly quiet.

Do we seriously believe Cowdenbeath and the others want to play in such a league. That would be a slow death for any club.

I don't have the golden answer. But what I do know from 30+ years as a union rep. 

The powers always use the same tactic;

DIVIDE & CONQUER.

Don't let them. Find common ground to fight from.

Oh here I know; a love of the game.

Have faith in one another my brothers, and sisters. 

(Long Live Loretta)

Edited by HorseyGhirl

9 hours ago, weanjohnson said:

As far as I can tell the board did it because they believed the ugly sisters and the SFA's baseless pish. And now they're trying to put forward the B team and friends show anyway. If they'll listen to meaningless threats then we can put pressure on them to make sure this nonsense never gets voted for by us again. Gain a set

As far as you can tell is correct cos you didn’t come to the meeting.

34 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

10 of the 16 clubs voted to keep the weans in. We are not privy to their reasons why. Speculation is rife.

The b teams in LLland don't seem to have been the roaring success we were promised. 😱

It appears that the 16 LLland clubs have been told different versions of this proposal, probably dependent on their history.

All that the bickering has done is the usual; the coo fans on here have become passive aggressive towards the rest. The other 9 plus the no voters are incredibly quiet.

Do we seriously believe Cowdenbeath and the others want to play in such a league. That would be a slow death for any club.

I don't have the golden answer. But what I do know from 30+ years as a union rep. 

DIVIDE & CONQUER.

(Long Live Loretta)

That is far too sensible an answer for this thread. 

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

DIVIDE & CONQUER.

(Long Live Loretta)

Given some of the utter bawbags in the LL,the powers that be aren't really having to work that hard to divide&conquer, unfortunately 

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The PWG didn't meet between last Summer and this March, when the SFA told them what the options were, not the other way round. I don't believe any discussion was permitted. 

Did they ever say who was on the PWG?

3 hours ago, highlandmac said:

Aye,he's the bad guy in all of this🥱

Don't try to stir the shit amongst our fans I never implied they were bad I said they could have have watched it on zoom if they were able to , I don't know if they would have been that's why I said they could have.

I don't know who the boy/girl is or where they come from but I respect my fellow Cowden fan and their opinion.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't try to stir the shit amongst our fans I never implied they were bad I said they could have have watched it on zoom if they were able to , I don't know if they would have been that's why I said they could have.

I don't know who the boy/girl is or where they come from but I respect my fellow Cowden fan and their opinion.

Aye and one of your fellow supporters implied his opinion wasn't relevant as he didn't attend this famous meeting so enough of the put-upon pish you lot are spouting

58 minutes ago, highlandmac said:

Aye and one of your fellow supporters implied his opinion wasn't relevant as he didn't attend this famous meeting so enough of the put-upon pish you lot are spouting

Was'nt me though was it, jog on Mr No Team.