Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

Hardly a surprise that clubs are releasing statements against this corrupt b team madness.

This will continue and it would be big kudos for league clubs to bring out similar statements.

my own opinion fwiw is we are already not far away from a great pyramid.

Get rid of all b teams first anyway.

A touch more ventilation from the bottom of league two/Top of hl/ll)and the bottom of the lowland and highland leagues.

All clubs need to help here.This b team rubbish only makes the old firm stronger and they will ultimately take the league places of long established clubs if allowed.

Hearts should just be ashamed of themselves.

Why not join the reserve league?

Who is this conference plan from and why?

And another from the Highland League. The Lowland League response is beginning to look tardy. The SPFL clubs won't start joining this thing until the protest is really fucking loud, most SPFL fans probably don't even know what the SFA are trying to do.

https://www.huntlyfc.co.uk/news/proposed-conference-league---supporters-feedback?id=430351

Edited by welshbairn

On 04/05/2023 at 16:52, Brazilianlex said:

There hasn’t been a vote on the conference yet !

You seem to be assuming because Cowden voted for B Teams for another year in the LL,  they will vote for the Conference. Why would they, a LL with B Teams negates the need for a conference.

About time they made a statement to their fans about the Conference SFA vote then.

Interesting how the English system is not included in the infographic provided by @Che Dail, with its famously weak league system (Are you sure? - Ed.) consisting of, err... 5 (FIVE) national divisions in a column before splitting into the "twin bollocks" model and beyond.

Almost as if the structure is irrelevant to whether B Teams should be present or not. Hint: the answer is "not".

We all know that the B team conference is wrong, it will destroy what we have started to get going in a pyramid system, yes there's bottlenecks at Lowland and SPFL2 which needs addressed but this conference will destroy everything that we are striving for to make Scottish football great again, fairer and equal in everyone's viewpoint.   The SFA people who are dealing with this and the Scottish Pyramid working group have come together with this idea and know it's wrong and knew it would be hard to push through and still want it pushed.

The clubs who are for this, Informed by accusation that Cowdenbeath are for it (need clarity from Club and committee defiantly, I don't believe Fans are for it but will wait and see), and Brora, (publicly announced they are for the conference, are their fans for it?), don't give a feck about Scottish football, they are only serving themselves, there's nothing wrong with that but knowing it will be one of the biggest harmful decisions to Scottish football and they still want to go ahead is sickening.  the only reason I can see that they woudl want the conference is that both these teams want to be one from the Highland and 1 of the teams from the Lowland who go to the new Conference.

if I was a fan of any of those two clubs I'd be contacting them and telling them this is wrong and then if the conference started then i would boycott games, why wanting to go and watch 5 competitive games against other teams in a  league and then watch 4 friendlies x 4 times over a season.

Teams like East Stirling, Berwick, Cowdenbeath, Brechin etc.. when they were in SPFL2 did they vote against relegation from SPFL and promotion to SPFL2 being open up.  if they did back then, then Ok, i get it why but when in the Lowland and Highland leagues I bet they wished they had voted for it to be open giving them a better/higher chance of going back up.  That alone should be a warning to all the other teams in the Lowland and SPFL.     The Lowland clubs even voted that the relegation issue of change should not come up in the AGM until the SPFL2 opens up relegation, (what two asshole clubs voted and seconded that).  If we got this pyramid right, Scottish football would flourish, the conference leagues needs to be shut down even before it started and more teams should come out with their views so FANS of each of those clubs can get behind their club or against their club.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

14 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

We all know that the B team conference is wrong, it will destroy what we have started to get going in a pyramid system, yes there's bottlenecks at Lowland and SPFL2 which needs addressed but this conference will destroy everything that we are striving for to make Scottish football great again, fairer and equal in everyone's viewpoint.   The SFA people who are dealing with this and the Scottish Pyramid working group have come together with this idea and know it's wrong and knew it would be hard to push through and still want it pushed.

The clubs who are for this, Informed Cowdenbeath and Brora (committee defiantly, Fans unsure of), don't give a feck about Scottish football, they are only serving themselves, there's nothing wrong with that but knowing it will be one of the biggest harmful decisions to Scottish football and they still want to go ahead is sickening.  take it both these teams want to be one from the Highland and 1 of the teams from the Lowland who go to the new Conference.

if I was a fan of any of those two clubs I'd be contacting them and telling them this is wrong and then if the conference started then i would boycott games, why wanting to go and watch 5 competitive games against other teams in a  league and then watch 4 friendlies x 4 times over a season.

Teams like East Stirling, Berwick, Cowdenbeath, Brechin etc.. when they were in SPFL2 did they vote against relegation from SPFL and promotion to SPFL2 being open up.  if they did back then, then Ok, i get it why but when in the Lowland and Highland leagues I bet they wished they had voted for it to be open giving them a better/higher chance of going back up.  That alone should be a warning to all the other teams in the Lowland and SPFL.     The Lowland clubs even voted that the relegation issue of change should not come up in the AGM until the SPFL2 opens up relegation, (what two asshole clubs voted and seconded that).  If we got this pyramid right, Scottish football would flourish, the conference leagues needs to be shut down even before it started and more teams should come out with their views so FANS of each of those clubs can get behind their club or against their club.

Why do you just make up a story that Cowdenbeath support the Conference?  They have never said that 

12 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Interesting how the English system is not included in the infographic provided by @Che Dail, with its famously weak league system (Are you sure? - Ed.) consisting of, err... 5 (FIVE) national divisions in a column before splitting into the "twin bollocks" model and beyond.

Almost as if the structure is irrelevant to whether B Teams should be present or not. Hint: the answer is "not".

England, like Scotland, is conservative in its detached ‘no thanks’ approach to change, and to adopting progressive ideas from the continent.

In terms of its league structure, I question the value of Crawley v Carlisle in League 2 (T4), or Gateshead v Torquay (T5), and think earlier regionalization of leagues, similar to Spain, France, Portugal & Germany would enhance the footballing offer.

The top tier is effectively a European Super League with its model based on ultra-debt and investment from questionable sources.  The English 'system' is failing numerous clubs on the brink of insolvency, which is why there’s an ongoing government-led review and reform being planned. 

Broadly, it is financially unsustainable: a £4bn gap between revenues of Premier League clubs and those of Championship clubs, the gap widening further down the ‘pyramid’. 

I don’t think it’s a good example for Scottish Football to follow. 

36 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Why do you just make up a story that Cowdenbeath support the Conference?  They have never said that 

FFS read the fecking post, did i say that, it says I was informed, who says its true.
I don't even think i stated anything in it as FACT>
I even stated Berwick, East Stirling, Cowdenbeath, did they vote for no relegation from the SPFL2 not factually said they did cause i don't know
you read all that and that's what you come too?
This is not about getting it up Cowdenbeath or Brora, its for every team.
Do chairmen and committee in the best interest of their clubs, or their fans or do they vote in the best interest in themselves 

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

FFS read the fecking post, did i say that, it says I was informed, who says its true.
you read all that and thats what you come too?
This is not about getting it up Cowdenbeath or Brora, its for every team.
Do chairmen and committee in the best interest of their clubs, or their fans or do they vote in the best interest in themselves 

No it doesn’t clearly say you were informed - and if you were you should bother checking.  I am afraid if you want to make points using real facts helps.  I would suggest chairmen and committee men rarely look at voting in the best interests of themselves personally and in the case of Directors actually have a duty to act in the best interests of their company (club)

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No it doesn’t clearly say you were informed - and if you were you should bother checking.  I am afraid if you want to make points using real facts helps.  I would suggest chairmen and committee men rarely look at voting in the best interests of themselves personally and in the case of Directors actually have a duty to act in the best interests of their company (club)

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

First of all, I've changed it for you, to make it clearer
Second of all, I'm so against this conference, any club that wants the conference I seriously love them to eventually fold.
Thirds of all, what you said is in an ideal world but does that happen, duty of care, best interests in their club, you know yourself that doesn't always happen. The crap that Thomas brown said as chairman of the Lowland you feel he has been told to say that by the SFA, the crap of its coming no matter if the Lowland and Highland vote for tit or not.  is he looking after the best interests of the League, his Club, his fans or himself

Some Cowdenbeath fans: anyone who was at the fans meeting knows the reasons we voted for B teams!

Other Cowdenbeath fans/fans of other clubs: what were they?

First lot of Cowdenbeath fans: not telling you if you weren't there.

Fans of other clubs: looks like Cowdenbeath are all for B teams and the conference (next season if not this)?

First lot: that's not true! It's obvious, it was all said at the meeting!

Other fans: yeah but we weren't at the meeting...

First group: well its obvious really so I'll stop posting on this thread *narrator: he/she doesn't.

48 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

In terms of its league structure, I question the value of Crawley v Carlisle in League 2 (T4), or Gateshead v Torquay (T5), and think earlier regionalization of leagues, similar to Spain, France, Portugal & Germany would enhance the footballing offer.

Not for their crowds or TV deal.

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Some Cowdenbeath fans: anyone who was at the fans meeting knows the reasons we voted for B teams!

Other Cowdenbeath fans/fans of other clubs: what were they?

First lot of Cowdenbeath fans: not telling you if you weren't there.

Fans of other clubs: looks like Cowdenbeath are all for B teams and the conference (next season if not this)?

First lot: that's not true! It's obvious, it was all said at the meeting!

Other fans: yeah but we weren't at the meeting...

First group: well its obvious really so I'll stop posting on this thread *narrator: he/she doesn't.

Voting for B teams into the Lowland league is a totally different issue in regards to being for the Conference league.
People need to separate this.  I don't hold a strong vote against B teams being in the Lowland which is used for the clubs to make extra money but the conference is going to harm Scottish football and any club that votes for it, the only one I've seen is Brora, I genuinely hope the team or teams fall on bad times and fold.

If I've picked it up wrong then sorry but I think, this coming season the vote for the 3 B teams to play season 23/24 in the Lowland was 10 for 5 against.
The previous season it was level and Thomas brown and committee had the deciding vote.
i have no strong issues, i am uncomfortable with B teams in the Lowland and now justified but the conference I can think of nothing else that will harm Scottish football as much as this will

14 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If I've picked it up wrong then sorry but I think, this coming season the vote for the 3 B teams to play season 23/24 in the Lowland was 10 for 5 against.

Both votes had circumstances hanging over them. Last year I believe the indicative vote was more favourable to B teams but only two teams. When it became a vote for three or nothing it became more of a 50/50.

This year had the threat of the Conference League rushed through hanging over it.

2 hours ago, Che Dail said:

England, like Scotland, is conservative in its detached ‘no thanks’ approach to change, and to adopting progressive ideas from the continent.

The top tier is effectively a European Super League with its model based on ultra-debt and investment from questionable sources.  The English 'system' is failing numerous clubs on the brink of insolvency, which is why there’s an ongoing government-led review and reform being planned. 

Broadly, it is financially unsustainable: a £4bn gap between revenues of Premier League clubs and those of Championship clubs, the gap widening further down the ‘pyramid’. 

I don’t think it’s a good example for Scottish Football to follow. 

Question what you like matey. They are happy with it and if you could link us to all the handwringing league reconstruction topics on Tea and Crumpets, go right ahead. Structural moans now, not financial.