John Beaton X1 v Aberdeen

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youve not conceded a penalty all season.

In the league, correct. However I’m not sure why that should change my opinion on why that’s the case. I simply don’t believe that every single referee is overtly biased in Rangers’ favour. It also isn’t unprecedented for a team to go the full season without conceding a penalty.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

With VAR at in use, do can 2 officials use that as an excuse? You've even had teams getting penalties at parkhead.

Definitely not hinting at a conspiracy theory, more leaning towards what you are saying. Officials are shitebags, in particular at ibrox.

What is the worst that is going to happen if they award a penalty or send someone off? They aren't going to get a doing. They'll get booed (like they do every other ground) and that will be that.

Well that’s it. If I was to offer any kind of mitigation, I’d suggest that some of the penalty shouts against us have had some degree of doubt where it could be suggested they weren’t fouls (some more than others, mind you).

So if you have a referee under pressure that has that option open to them, it probably looks appealing.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Do you think it was just coincidence that during covid when there were no crowds allowed in the grounds, neither Celtic or Rangers made the semifinals of either cup competition? 

Yes. Celtic were absolutely rancid that season so no surprise they got papped out. It was much more of a surprise for us considering our dominance in the league.

The match against St Mirren was incredible in the sense that we scored a 90th minute equaliser only for St Mirren ti score the winner from their kick off.

St Johnstone I believe we underestimated them as the game was at Ibrox. Even then, it was an extra time equaliser assisted by their keeper with them winning via the lottery that is penalties. Just a freaky couple of results for us that season.

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Lol.

Just L O L 

Use your words to explain why you disagree. I’m saying the same thing as others on here yet you’re taking no issue with them saying it. Formulate a coherent response.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

In the league, correct. However I’m not sure why that should change my opinion on why that’s the case. I simply don’t believe that every single referee is overtly biased in Rangers’ favour. It also isn’t unprecedented for a team to go the full season without conceding a penalty.

Have you even conceded any in the cup?

Genuinely interested to see what other club went a domestic season without conceding a penalty. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you even conceded any in the cup?

Genuinely interested to see what other club went a domestic season without conceding a penalty. 

Yeah. We conceded a penalty for handball against Partick Thistle at Ibrox in February.

Celtic have done it twice since the turn of the century (in the league).

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Your pathetic tip toeing round the subject.

Let’s call a spade a spade.

Beaton is a known *** & a cheat. 

Are others on here pathetically tip toeing round the subject that share the same opinion as me? Or is it just because I’m part of a fan base you hate?

Edited by AJF

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Use your words to explain why you disagree. I’m saying the same thing as others on here yet you’re taking no issue with them saying it. Formulate a coherent response.

20 marks (show all your working)

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah. We conceded a penalty for handball against Partick Thistle at Ibrox in February.

The difference between previous seasons and now is that we have a second referee, nowhere near the ground, checking any incidents in the box. 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

20 marks (show all your working)

The difference between previous seasons and now is that we have a second referee, nowhere near the ground, checking any incidents in the box. 

Indeed we do. Which is why I believe it’s a case of pressure coupled with enough scope for doubt on some decisions that have led us to where we are. Yesterday, for example. It was pretty inexplicable that Beaton never awarded a foul against Goldson, but is there any replay angles that show the foul definitely carried into the box? I’m assuming that is why VAR never called him over.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Indeed we do. Which is why I believe it’s a case of pressure coupled with enough scope for doubt on some decisions that have led us to where we are. Yesterday, for example. It was pretty inexplicable that Beaton never awarded a foul against Goldson, but is there any replay angles that show the foul definitely carried into the box? I’m assuming that is why VAR never called him over.

Are you actually being serious?

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have to re-iterate. I haven’t seen anything yet that tells me it’s a clear and obvious penalty. 

Aye, that’s what I was really asking Joey about. Having only seen the incident in real time and from a still image (which does show the players falling into the box but by that point Goldson has thrown his arms wide in that “honest ref I’m not touching him” exaggerated pose) so I was asking if the replays actually confirmed the foul carried on into the box.

Edited by AJF

Missed opportunity for Aberdeen as this is the worst Rangers team for years. That ref and assistant ref performance in the the first half was a disgrace giving everything to Rangers. 

This was a free hit for us but the next 3 games is going to define our season. Think it is possible that Hearts and Hibs will beat Rangers going with that performance.  

42 minutes ago, AJF said:

Im not sure this is making the point you think it is.

42 minutes ago, AJF said:

The difference being then there was no VAR so Rangers not conceding a pen in the league with that in play is pretty unprecedented especially considering what we have seen given by VAR as penalties this season.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye the chances of a team not conceding a single penalty over 38 games is astronomically low. Combination of bad luck, bad player decisions and bad refereeing decisions make it so.

But aye.

Its now 52 consecutive league games with no penalty conceded for Rangers.

They really are "Going for 55" this time.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Im not sure this is making the point you think it is.

Well, I’d suggest it supports my theory that referees are influenced by pressure factors which lead to instances of Rangers or Celtic going a full league campaign without conceding a penalty rather than it being overt bias in Rangers’ favour (because if that were the case, if referees were all pro-Rangers then you wouldn’t have expected Celtic to have went those seasons without conceding a penalty).

Just now, Jinky67 said:

The difference being then there was no VAR so Rangers not conceding a pen in the league with that in play is pretty unprecedented especially considering what we have seen given by VAR as penalties this season.

I’ve already covered why I believe that may be the case (potential doubt in some decisions that referees find appealing). Couple it with the fact that VAR hasn’t been in place for the full season, your statement is a bit misleading.

I’d also suggest a counter argument that if you are concerned that VAR are getting involved and awarding decisions against Celtic more, then that surely suggests the on field referees have been incorrectly officiating in Celtic’s favour?

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Totally impartial referee has a clear sight of it anyway 

IMG_3786.jpeg

This was the still I was talking about, Goldson has clearly let go of Duk by this point.