Motherwell v Killie

KKVV was the only thing I was interested in today. Most of the time he wasn’t involved and didn’t look interested but he had so many moments of magic in that game. The turn in the first half, the back heel when Spittal should have made it 2-0, the nutmeg before another shot and the about twenty times he easily beat his man by cutting in from the left. He is a player playing with massive confidence and he really should have hit at least a hat trick himself today. I’m going to miss him next season.

I thought we played a dangerous game letting Killie have most of the ball in the second half, but we missed a barrel load of chances. Paul McGinn loves hitting the post when it’s easier to score.

My curry pie was decent so a good day at the office.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Stating the obvious but VAR is a farce. 

Van Veen was clearly offside. Goss clearly wasn't a red. How can it take this long? 

What was Goss meant to have done, at what point of the play was it?  We had no idea who was being considered for foul play.

17 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

KKVV was the only thing I was interested in today. Most of the time he wasn’t involved and didn’t look interested but he had so many moments of magic in that game. The turn in the first half, the back heel when Spittal should have made it 2-0, the nutmeg before another shot and the about twenty times he easily beat his man by cutting in from the left. He is a player playing with massive confidence and he really should have hit at least a hat trick himself today. I’m going to miss him next season.

I thought we played a dangerous game letting Killie have most of the ball in the second half, but we missed a barrel load of chances. Paul McGinn loves hitting the post when it’s easier to score.

My curry pie was decent so a good day at the office.

I think he was going for a career highlights reel in just one game.

As you say, incredible confidence just now. I just hope his injury is something he'll shake off for next week. 

Another f**k up from the refs with their var/mic/radio. Amateur hour that it keeps happening but the fact they didn't have it tested and working in time for kick off is shocking.

As for the game. We should have been a bit more comfortable before getting the second goal. Killie didn't create much of anything in the who game while we missed 3 or 4 really good chances. Was thinking it was going to turn out like the Utd game when Killie had the pressure in the second half although they had zero cutting edge.

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

What was Goss meant to have done, at what point of the play was it?  We had no idea who was being considered for foul play.

I assume it was winning the ball just before the goal? So if KVV was onside would they have went back and looked to see if the Goss challenge was a foul in the build up?

mental.

Was that not what they were checking for the red card? Would that not have been a foul to Kilmarnock (I thought it was) and therefore no need to check for offside? I'm assuming they must have decided it wasn't even a foul in the build up, never mind a red card.

Either way, it was a farce. Surely, if it's taking that long, it isn't a clear and obvious error. 

Edited by Archie McSquackle

A lot will look at KVV’s contribution and him taking a moment at the end. Obviously more than him raging with himself he didn’t hit the target when clean through.

Mandron for his height is rotten in the air and his first touch juju must have been sucked up by Kev.

Armstrong has strong Dougie Imrie energy.

VAR needs a time limit 30 second max to make a decision and give control of the game clock to them too.

Fair play to the 1,800 Killie fans, some showing in the circumstances.

McKinstry watching Ketts telling SOD to play beside Kev must be a kick in the baws.

7 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Mandron for his height is rotten in the air and his first touch juju must have been sucked up by Kev.

some laugh init

Could, and probably should have had that wrapped up long before we did. Had KVV not strayed offside and we'd gone two up at that point midway through the first half I think it could have been a bit of a stroll and a very straightforward afternoon's work. Although Killie saw a lot of the ball, particularly in the 2nd half, they were pretty toothless in the final third and you can see why they are where they are. 

Big Kev is great value when he's playing with that level of confidence and although he flitted in and out of the game at times, two or three of his absolutely filthy touches were worth the admission money alone and you just know that he's going to score eventually. 

A victory that thankfully makes us all but safe and massive credit again to Kettlewell for the turnaround and achieving it with a few games to spare considering the absolute shambles we were when he took the reins. 

Good luck to Killie in that 3 way fight at the bottom. On todays showing from their forwards they're going to need it.

13 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I thought SOD was on to deal with Jordan Jones who had made a difference. Jones kept dropping deep so SOD followed him up there.

Aye, Jones's pace was causing us problems down that flank when he came on, and SOD was obviously under instruction to go out there and go with him when he was dropping deep to pick the ball up. A task he carried out admirably tbh, pushing them right back and winning us a couple of corners and throw in's high up the park 

I think over the course of this purple patch, KVV has been instructed to play on the shoulder of the last defender more and not come deep to get involved, so I could see how that could have him drifting in and out of the game. However, it meant the ball over the top was always on.

I liked spittal before it was fashionable 🙂 I also like Goss. We've found a way to put them both in a position  to succeed, and that should be the minimum we expect from a management team. Finding a way to make the most of what we have is always going to win over trying to shoehorn a squad into some kind of philosophy.