What's yer arcade game?

coineanach

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Aye the arcade gun games had great ports back in the day, time crisis and crisis zone were fantastic on the ps 2 as well and as you said the dreamcast version of HotD was top notch

Always remember a machine in booths in glasgow centre, it was a light gun game but the whole screen was the arcade and you stood in a frame and the charcter copied your movements lile ducking and hiding, 

You were a cop as per and you had to hide behind crates and pillars etc, but unlike time crisis it wasnt a pedal you pressed, you actually had to do the movement of hiding lol, was a cracking game and the sweat was pishing off you after it 

No idea what the game was but I have memories from going to the swimming pool when I was a kid and they had a game that was different characters that seemingly turned into animals, I think there was a bear and snow leopard character, I never played it but always wanted to.  

17 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

House of the dead for me too. Side note, it had a cracking dreamcast port with light guns. 

Early doors, Pacland in the local chippie, Commando at the holiday park and Kick and Run with the pedal in the local arcade. 

There was a shop up the street from me that randomly had a Pacland machine in it, I only remembered it a couple of years ago and it took me ages to find the name of it, trying to explain it to people was like a fever dream

"Aye it's Pacman but he's got legs and is wearing a hat, and he's like walking around this toon, and the ghosts drive motors..."

Strathclyde Union, Linwood Showcase, Lazerquest 2000 at trongate, from the 90's to early 00's I loved at various times Tekken 2, Virtua fighter 3, Virtua striker 1 and 2, football champ, Die Hard, Area 51, Ridge Racer, Silent Scope, Time Crisis 1 and 2, afterburner (they had the full hydraulic cabinet in the arcade at Largs) midnight resistance and teenage mutant ninja turtles amongst many others.

I was a real hit with the ladies back then. 

"Lucky & Wild" (they had yin at Largs arcade), ye sat in a big sort of convertible thing that had a screen in front of it, it was a two player where one person drove and the other person had a gun that was mounted next to the steering wheel - pure class

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Tehkan World Cup, cocktail cabinet style, rollerball controls, top floor of Reform Street arcade in Dundee

Rollerball was good fun till you undoubtedly caught your skin on the edge as you were trying to burst down the wing or something like that lol