The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

12 hours ago, qpfc said:

I can understand why people love to hate Owen Coyle’s interviews. Even at the best of times, his comments about games to put it lightly can be…deluded. 

Coyle’s been around the game long enough to not genuinely know what he’s talking about. I’ve always had the opinion that he tries to place as little accountability and pressure on the players, which is fine when we’re winning games but in recent months, I really wanted him at times to just say we were outright rotten on the day when merited 

However, I think we would of broke league records for goals scored if we took even 50% of the goalscoring chances that Coyle states we apparently have at times 🤣

This is 100% what he does. He is simply not as deluded as he wants to come across in his interviews.

It is clever, but I still think he is a w****r.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

I'm not too sure what the benefit, (admittedly in hindsight) was to signing him (and others) on just a two year contract, given that they play well year one, get noticed and all of a sudden we're either selling them on for a modest profit in the summer, therefore screwing any continuity or team building, or worse, they're signing pre-contract agreements in January to leave for free after two years.

Bear in mind Ray had brought in a lot of players who were fine at L2 but variable (being kind) at L1. Once bitten, twice shy. It was also the time when the stadium fiasco was unfolding and all the financial uncertainties that brought. And Beuker was only in the door 6 months. 
Like a lot if things at the club, we’ll get better at this. It's one if the reasons I’m okay with staying in this league. The pool of talent being developed at the Young QP can’t possibly be ready to jump into tier 1 football.

On OC's pre and post match musings, he's better than most, speaks well and usually cheery and upbeat. Managers are on a hiding to nothing here. Most will, understandably, support their players in public (and rightly so, I think). If they don't, they're slated. Look at how Imrie was berated when he had a go at his keeper after the Arbroath game. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bear in mind Ray had brought in a lot of players who were fine at L2 but variable (being kind) at L1. Once bitten, twice shy. It was also the time when the stadium fiasco was unfolding and all the financial uncertainties that brought. And Beuker was only in the door 6 months. 
Like a lot if things at the club, we’ll get better at this. It's one if the reasons I’m okay with staying in this league. The pool of talent being developed at the Young QP can’t possibly be ready to jump into tier 1 football.

All reasoned and fair points well put.  

As stated previously whilst enjoying the vast majority of this season I'm not convinced promotion at this point in time would be in the very best interests of the club; growing pains can be a b!tch!

21 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

On OC's pre and post match musings, he's better than most, speaks well and usually cheery and upbeat. Managers are on a hiding to nothing here. Most will, understandably, support their players in public (and rightly so, I think). If they don't, they're slated. Look at how Imrie was berated when he had a go at his keeper after the Arbroath game. 

He could have done that for Tuesday without those comments. 

Occurred to me in the last half hour of the Raith game when we were in danger of going out that there will be quite a large turnover of players this summer, similarly if it goes badly tonight it could well be the last game for a number of guys who have done is a reasonable turn over the last 2 or 3 seasons (and Cammy Smith). 

Hopefully we can keep it going for another week even if the overall expectation is still almost nil. 

I thought that set up worked OK for a bit on Tuesday but that's because Fitzpatrick was having a lot of joy vs Davidson at right back, when they switched Oakley back over it wasn't as effective. Really expected one of Hodson or McKinnon to play in place of Bannigan but presume he wants to use Tiffoney's pace through the middle. 

Could easily see us dominated in midfield with that set up though. 

1 hour ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

If the aggregate score is tied, where the goals were scored is irrelevant. 

This is the worst way of saying no.  :lol: