Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd definitely prefer another outside the box option, but given we have no players and have moved up a league this is the one time I'm not completely against the usual run of the mill names as at least they will know what they are looking for.  We saw Bowyer seem to underestimate the league a little at first and that was with a full squad of players right in front of him.

Saying that, if it has to be someone from within Scotland then can't we at least look at someone on the up rather than one of the usual out of work serial losers.  Darren Young is a former player and just won L2 with Stirling.  I'd maybe skip L1 though and I'm not sure Imrie, McCall, Coyle or Dodds would be popular options.  Doolan maybe but doubt he's going anywhere.

If it's anyone other than Young, Neilson, Lennon or at a push Maloney or Kevin Thomson, I'd rather we just went for someone who would at least unite the fans like Charlie Adam.  Survival is hard enough without the fans turning on the manager in the first 5 seconds of game 1 when we kick off backwards.

Edited by stu2910

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

A Dundee fan adding in people like Micky Mellon, Rab Douglas, Yogi and Charlie Adam as feasible options.

Pretty much sums up Scottish football. Let's hope the men in charge at Dens have more braincells.

Thank you.

When have these polls ever been serious options?

Gordon Strachan is at the golf event at Gleneagles right now. Been pictured with both Neil Lennon & Callum Davidson who are also there - not that that means anything.