Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate the smarmy, smug p***k but he's a good football manager. Think he gets an unnecessarily tough time because of the smarm and the fact his football is often quite dull.

Tends to do a good job wherever he goes despite Hearts fans protestations to the opposite.

Out of the stereotypical 'merry-go-round' managers available- he's the stand out by a distance. 

Every time I see this topic run hot I'm thinking thank f**k it's over but it's not.

I too would take Neilson over just about anything else mentioned so far. Plus, imagine beating hearts at Dens with him in charge.

Ooooooft.

Actually, was he not particularly outspoken about Hearts getting 'shafted' by us despite it benefiting him in getting the Hearts job again and his current club at the time getting promoted due to it?

Youre in a decent (?) place where you probably have the hop on other clubs likely looking for a manager before next season (United and us the obvious ones) as you can both hire the manager now, and also absolutely guarantee them top flight football next season, with others cant.

Probably got a few weeks left of that situation too so can take time over it without falling behind.

Problem with Neilson is he's always needed a massive financial advantage over other teams to do the job. I stick by my previous statement on this sorry situation anyway.

On 10/05/2023 at 13:26, RossBFaeDundee said:

I genuinely hate Robbie Neilson with a passion and I'd still rather him over Davidson.

Thankfully nobody on that list will be the manager.

I have a feeling it'll be Graham Alexander now in all honesty, even though that's just a more palatable version of Davidson.

Never been happier to be turned down by a manager btw, the clowns in charge clearly need these decisions made for them.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Problem with Neilson is he's always needed a massive financial advantage over other teams to do the job. I stick by my previous statement on this sorry situation anyway.

That's not true at all tbf. First spell with Hearts we were just out of admin and had a much smaller budget than Rangers and Hibs in the Championship and we won it with a record points haul. 

Last season we didn't have the 3rd biggest budget either after covid and playing in the Championship yet we were comfortably 3rd.

Ironically it's this season where he was really backed he's had his worst showing. 

11 minutes ago, K.T said:

If the board won’t cough up then I think we’ll be lucky to get a decent manager, which is what we need.

Agreed. If the budget is the stumbling block we’re in the shitzer.