Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Player and coach at a good level all his career. Coach and loans manager at Burnley currently and spent the past season watching youth level football around England. Good contacts like you say.

Wouldn't be against it but it's another rookie manager..

I get that there's a risk but got to be better than the employing one of the usual names who will ultimately revert to type and fail (again). 

Just now, mcjameos said:

I get that there's a risk but got to be better than the employing one of the usual names who will ultimately revert to type and fail (again). 

He's definitely not my first, fifth or tenth choice and probably clutching at straws looking at his experience at high levels if he was to be appointed. We seem to love to give people the chance at management as it fits in with Nelms' goal to keep cutting our playing budget...(all whilst raising our season ticket prices to ridiculously high levels btw).

If Charlie is to be involved, I’d rather it was as an assistant or similar, so he could get the chance to work  under someone more experienced. However, most managers like that usually want to bring in their own backroom teams…

Certainly not Courts, though, FFS

For some reason I just don't see Dougie Imrie and Gordon Strachan working togther, or Dougie and Nelms for that matter. It looks to me they want someone who'll toe the party line and won't rock the boat too much. In that regard I don't see Dougie being less prone to speaking his mind than Bowyer.

Charlie gave us some nice moments but he was embarassingly out of shape in his last year with us and drunk drove his car into a tree.  Needed to set standards. Very unprofessional behaviour.

Let him do his coaching for a few years and start managing at a lower level if he wants. See how things are then.

27 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Charlie gave us some nice moments but he was embarassingly out of shape in his last year with us and drunk drove his car into a tree.  Needed to set standards. Very unprofessional behaviour.

Let him do his coaching for a few years and start managing at a lower level if he wants. See how things are then.

Turned up to a match without his boots as well then had that wild assist for St Mirren

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

For some reason I just don't see Dougie Imrie and Gordon Strachan working togther, or Dougie and Nelms for that matter. It looks to me they want someone who'll toe the party line and won't rock the boat too much. In that regard I don't see Dougie being less prone to speaking his mind than Bowyer.

Fret not, Doogie would shit himself at the size of the task, same as Davidson.

Thank you.

the total arrogant indifference is maybe the most difficult to stomach. I don't t think there's been anything since they sacked Bowyer. Apart from the pitch getting done. 

Edited by dd232

8 minutes ago, dd232 said:

the total arrogant indifference is maybe the most difficult to stomach. I don't t think there's been anything since they sacked Bowyer. Apart from the pitch getting done. 

Totally agree, and then you look at this pair and think 'why am I even surprised'.

Scottish Sun Sport on Twitter: ""I want to remind people that Dundee's vote  makes no difference to how the Premiership has got to finish." Gordon  Strachan defends Dundee supremo John Nelms over

Thank you.

The communication from the club really is shocking. Not asking for a blow by blow account of the process but it would be good for fans to know something. Also wouldn’t harm season ticket sales to feel as though the club are ‘on it’ so to speak.

Shite show.