Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

The SFA winner gets about 17% of the English one. That seems a pretty good deal given the relative audience sizes - maybe 10%?.

I was surprised the English prize money is as low as that, chicken feed for the big boys. What's it like at the early rounds? 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

At the minute we've got a combined deal between the BBC and Viaplay (originally Premier Sports). Presumably because it was worth more than either Sky or BT ( now TNT Sports) were willing to pay. I don't think they took the first offer in this instance. They jumped at the best financial offer.

You say presumably.  Which leads me to thinking you are as much in the dark as me. 😉

I do however think our game is totally undersold. 

2 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

You'd think Musselburgh v Clyde is a stick on for TV

I’m going to go for Brechin v Spartans for the TV game. 

my second round choice will either be that Brechin v Spartans game if it stays the Saturday kick off.

otherwise I’ll look to head up to the Peterhead v Clach 

East Fife will be as well getting a ferry to Dunbar. Have a Scottish club ever travelled by ferry to a game on the mainland? 

At least those EF tubes that turned up to North Berwick instead of Berwick upon Tweed a few years ago will know the area well. 

4 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

East Fife will be as well getting a ferry to Dunbar. Have a Scottish club ever travelled by ferry to a game on the mainland? 

At least those EF tubes that turned up to North Berwick instead of Berwick upon Tweed a few years ago will know the area well. 

Considering the Forth Rail bridge wasn't completed until 1890 and the Scottish Cup started in 1873 there must have been one team came across by the Forth ferry I would have thought. But I can't be arsed to do the research! 

39 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Have a Scottish club ever travelled by ferry to a game on the mainland? 

Some fans have claimed to get to Stranraer by flying to Belfast and catching the ferry, from Dingwall which makes sense, but also from Montrose, which doesn't. Clubs North of Inverness must have crossed by ferry before the Kessock Bridge was built I'd have thought, unless they just went by road via Beauly..

Edited by welshbairn

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Some fans have claimed to get to Stranraer by flying to Belfast and catching the ferry, from Dingwall which makes sense, but also from Montrose, which doesn't. Clubs North of Inverness must have crossed by ferry before the Kessock Bridge was built I'd have thought, unless they just went by road via Beauly..

Campbeltown to Threave last season. Not currently possible as the Camp-Ardr ferry is a victim of the Calmac debacle.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Orkney: every other week they travel from Orkney Mainland, by ferry, to the mainland. 

Campbeltown Pupils: occasionally travel by ferry from the mainland (Campbeltown) to the mainland (Ardrossan). But not this season, thanks to Calmac abandoning Kintyre entirely this year.

3 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Campbeltown to Threave last season. Not currently possible as the Camp-Ardr ferry is a victim of the Calmac debacle.

Aha! Great minds think alike. I was at that Threave game. Not by travelling by ferry. It sticks in the mind as the Campbeltown players were all covered in barnacles and seaweed.

IMG_8630.png

13 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Have a Scottish club ever travelled by ferry to a game on the mainland? 

I have searched but couldn't find a poster for a Hibs v Raith game when a return trip on a ferry from Kirkcaldy to Leith was advertised, I don't know if the team travelled the same way.