Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I would be absolutely shocked to my core if they chose either of those matches.

Tranent vs Forfar or Dunbar vs Alloa? I can almost guarantee that at least one Championship club will be televised.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Would be like saying an FA Cup televised game should be Boreham Wood vs Walsall instead of Cardiff vs Swansea.

They showed Brechin v Darvel at this stage in 2021/22.

48 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Isn't the BBC deal only for around £3k and being bumped to a Monday night? Even if the they wanted a certain tie I could see the clubs turning it down knowing they'd make more from the gate and hospitality on a Saturday. Clubs have turned it down in the past.

I’m pretty sure clubs can’t turn down a request to televise a game under the contract. 

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Isn't the BBC deal only for around £3k and being bumped to a Monday night? Even if the they wanted a certain tie I could see the clubs turning it down knowing they'd make more from the gate and hospitality on a Saturday. Clubs have turned it down in the past.

Don't think Monday night is a given, last Friday's slot on BBC Scotland was taken by the Women's team game so that's why it's on tonight.