Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

I'd love to see a rule introduced whereby it you go down claiming a head injury you need to leave the pitch for a proper head injury assessment. 

I’d have no problem with that at all.  Temporary head injury substitutes are about a decade behind the times.  

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lot of people trying to be edgy or controversial by defending that as a red card.

Absolute suppers.

I think if you raise your hands you are probably gonna go if the referee sees it.  

For me? Yellow.  But I'm no exactly bothered by the red, tie already over and the suspension hardly bothers us.  

3 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Raise your hands, off you go! Some of the comments from other teams supporters are mindboggling. As if they wouldn’t be shouting for it if it happened against their team!! Pure stupidity from Akinyemi

It’s almost like the other 99% of people commenting on it are correct and you’re wrong.

Just now, Sting777 said:

Raise your hands, off you go! Some of the comments from other teams supporters are mindboggling. As if they wouldn’t be shouting for it if it happened against their team!! Pure stupidity from Akinyemi

Nobody's saying they wouldn't shout for it in the heat of the moment, but it's just important when you're not in that moment to call out disgraceful decisions.

7 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

That’s a red. Even if the Partick player over reacted it’s still a red. Especially in todays football.

Weirdly, things like that after the whistle have gone have been reffed more leniently in recent years, something like David Beckham at France 1998 very few argued with that at the time, but if it happened now I'm sure it would only be a yellow. 

In fact the incident in your avatar should have seen both players sent off by letter of the law 

Crichton is talking pish, it doesn't matter whether you make contact with the face or the shoulder if its deemed to be violent conduct. 

Whether it is violent conduct is borderline for me, think yellow would have been fair 

Edited by Fuctifano

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I’m not even sure it’s a yellow.  Muirhead’s shithousing elevated it from handbags to a red.  Laughable in several ways. 

Muirhead is shithousing, I’ll give you that. But this violent conduct thing… it gets given. Think about someone doing that to you in a pub…over a game of pool.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

It’s a clear red. The well known phrase in football is you can’t raise your hands, not you can’t punch someone in the face.

Its soft but it’s a red.

That well known phrase does not come from the laws of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well this is a bit pish.

I'm not remotely fussy about who wins.  Thistle obviously started tonight very much in the driving seat, but a cracking, mainly standing, crowd, in an old fashioned four sided ground, on a beautiful night meant it had the potential to get interesting if Ayr could get in front.

However, the early Thistle goal was enough to kill it, even before the sending off and second goal.

It's a pity.

In what world were Ayr going to score 3 goals without conceding :lol: