Airdrie v Hamilton Playoff Final 1st leg

11 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Apologies then, I've maybe got the wrong end of the stuck or just not well versed enough in the current accies plight.

Tbf I think it would take Johnny 5 to keep up to date

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

The very same. I was just about to say that the Hamilton fans reminded me of that Cove game when Seref Zengin was there with (I think) Colin McGowan and Jim Ballantyne. A poisonous atmosphere that day, though I do still laugh at the story of Ballantyne flashing his rolex at someone. It goes back to what we were talking about in our thread yesterday. For all some people aren't keen on them for whatever reason, the current board are miles better than those charlatans. I dread to think where we'd be now if Zengin had took over.

I've heard from an unnamed source in his organisation that Zengin wants full control at Accies within the next two years.

To be fair,he was the one Director trying to get the fans banned for social media comments in January back in the ground.We banned the guys who run The We Are Hamilton Facebook/Twitter(like the Airdrie Board banning the excellent Airdrie Fans TV)because they found out that one Director(let's call him Martin Mulligan lol) had set up a fake account to abuse supporters.

Today's nonsensical statement by Allan Maitland(missing in action all season) added to yesterday's by The Commercial Manager wanting to better fans highlights the divide between the fans v the Board.

I was part of the Campaign to get us back in the town during our homeless years when over £6million "disappeared" leaving us with £ 650,000 to build a ground.Thus,two Stands and a Gazebo when the original plans were for 4 Stands and a sliding Roof when we got the extra £2million overage money 2 years later from Hamilton West Retail Park.I

Airdrie's fantastic attacking football you could say deserve to prevail but from an Accies fans viewpoint, we go down and will go down again and again as McGowan and Associates have run the Club into the ground and we could go out of business.

This is the lot who made fans jump through hoops for Cup Final tickets, have banned fans resulting in hundreds of us watching games in local Pubs on dodgy streams a la above and who want the Stadium for "Charity" and other activities.

The Football Club comes way behind squirrelling  money away for vainglorious projects such as their planned Drugs Rehabilitation Centre in The Away Stand.

The last two days by Accies Officials on Social Media have only increased the divide and the atmosphere will be poisonous if Airdrie win easily.

Supporttheteam nottheregime is the Accies supporters motto.

What changes do we see to the side that started last Tuesday? I’ll be honest, I think it’s the same team and same tactics…. I think Hamilton know exactly what’s coming for them.   No injury issues that I’m aware of but think Hamilton have some concerns? 

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

What changes do we see to the side that started last Tuesday? I’ll be honest, I think it’s the same team and same tactics…. I think Hamilton know exactly what’s coming for them.   No injury issues that I’m aware of but think Hamilton have some concerns? 

Agree, same team, same blitzing style. The key is like last week if we get a lead to keep pushing and not sit back.

Fully expect Airdrie to come out all guns blazing right from the off, they'll be full of confidence after demolishing Falkirk. This is a huge worry as our defence has been shown to leak poor goals and now added to that, having the inexperienced Smith in goals, can only lead to disaster.

I honestly think the only chance we have is to come out and match their tempo right away and attack them, if we can score first it might shake them a bit. However other than the moment against alloa after we were 3-0 down on aggregate and a man advantage, I can't remember when we had a right go, so don't expect that to change now.

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

Would keep the same team that started last Tuesday. ATS and Fordyce at the back will be needed against Zanatta, feel like he's their main threat especially with his height. I think Callum Smith has played very well the last few games, hopefully start the same way as the semi final first leg and come out flying. 

31 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

I’m binning the Man City v Real Madrid game to watch this on Alba. Dunno why but i’m more interested in this game. Probably because i want to watch a Lanarkshire derby that we are guaranteed not to lose 😆

Should we open one of the stands behind the goals exclusively for Motherwell fans? 🙂

14 minutes ago, Caro-Kann said:

Should we open one of the stands behind the goals exclusively for Motherwell fans? 🙂

Given the Alloa fans were predicting violence again, this will certainly not help the mix 😂

13 minutes ago, Caro-Kann said:

It would certainly make it an interesting atmosphere dunno how Police Scotland would feel about it 😆.  Fortunately I wasn’t at our most recent shit show at your place but my record before that was 2 visits with 1 win each. Would be interesting watching Airdrie in the flesh without being stressed oot ma tits about losing.

7 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

It would certainly make it an interesting atmosphere dunno how Police Scotland would feel about it 😆.  Fortunately I wasn’t at our most recent shit show at your place but my record before that was 2 visits with 1 win each. Would be interesting watching Airdrie in the flesh without being stressed oot ma tits about losing.

Give it a couple of years 😜

23 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I've heard from an unnamed source in his organisation that Zengin wants full control at Accies within the next two years.

To be fair,he was the one Director trying to get the fans banned for social media comments in January back in the ground.We banned the guys who run The We Are Hamilton Facebook/Twitter(like the Airdrie Board banning the excellent Airdrie Fans TV)because they found out that one Director(let's call him Martin Mulligan lol) had set up a fake account to abuse supporters.

Today's nonsensical statement by Allan Maitland(missing in action all season) added to yesterday's by The Commercial Manager wanting to better fans highlights the divide between the fans v the Board.

I was part of the Campaign to get us back in the town during our homeless years when over £6million "disappeared" leaving us with £ 650,000 to build a ground.Thus,two Stands and a Gazebo when the original plans were for 4 Stands and a sliding Roof when we got the extra £2million overage money 2 years later from Hamilton West Retail Park.I

Airdrie's fantastic attacking football you could say deserve to prevail but from an Accies fans viewpoint, we go down and will go down again and again as McGowan and Associates have run the Club into the ground and we could go out of business.

This is the lot who made fans jump through hoops for Cup Final tickets, have banned fans resulting in hundreds of us watching games in local Pubs on dodgy streams a la above and who want the Stadium for "Charity" and other activities.

The Football Club comes way behind squirrelling  money away for vainglorious projects such as their planned Drugs Rehabilitation Centre in The Away Stand.

The last two days by Accies Officials on Social Media have only increased the divide and the atmosphere will be poisonous if Airdrie win easily.

Supporttheteam nottheregime is the Accies supporters motto.

Hope that Bill Barr wasn't in the equation to build your four stands!

He would have f@cked you over and tried to move your stadium to Ayr.

55 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

Are we both in the same stand tonight?

What's it like for parking? Is the car park free?

I believe you will be in the opposite stand. I certainly hope that's the case far better to have people to shout opposite than get a crick in your neck trying to see away fans at the far side of your own stand!