Airdrie v Hamilton Playoff Final 1st leg

Any details on when tickets for the second leg will be on sale? Very nervous for these two games having been at all the playoff defeats as far back as Hibs but I suppose just by the law of averages we have to win one eventually...

Hamilton still look like they can turn up even when it’s looking dark. 

The fact that they scored 4 goals in 9 minutes gives me the absolute fear  -even against 10 men or not. 

That being said we have looked very solid in our last two games and even more clinical. 

We need to come right out for this on Wednesday and play exactly like we did  against Falkirk. 

I have a lot of respect for Accies and what they have done over the last decade but I just think we deserve our chance now.

10 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

I have a lot of respect for Accies and what they have done over the last decade but I just think we deserve our chance now.

I was actually talking about this yesterday as well. Massive amount of respect for the way Hamilton have went about their business the last 15 years or so (I'm not 100% on years and shit) but the flow of sales of promising youth players, getting the the premier, staying there against the odds, it's a hell of an achievement but when that decays it leaves the fans angry and bitter they don't operate at the same level anymore (see the protest at 2-0 down). 

I just think this team and set up we have at the moment deserves at least a crack at the championship! I watch a lot of the Friday night games and a lot of them are pretty, 'meh' 0-0 or 1-0's but also mental games like the QP v Dundee decider.

There's no doubt some of the stuff we play for this level is excellent and there's guys there bursting their arses to make it happen.

I just hope they get a shot at it.

I'm still going into this game in a similar way that I did with the Falkirk game by having no expectations and seeing what happens. Until we have that 'play off monkey' off our back it's hard for me to go into any game in them full of confidence. I did think we'd beat Queens Park in the previous years final so I'm kinda glad to be a bit more relaxed than last year.

Compared to Alloa and Falkirk I don't know too much about Hamilton as I haven't seen any of their games this season. Championship teams are very hard to gauge because on their day anyone can beat anyone. 

I also don't know too much about Hamilton's 'off the field issues' but it appears to be kicking off in the comment section on Facebook about the chairman's statement about the play offs. Fans accusing the board of deleting comments etc.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/play-off-message-may-2023/

Edited by David Fernández

24 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

when that decays it leaves the fans angry and bitter they don't operate at the same level anymore (see the protest at 2-0 down). 

That isn't what the protest was about tbf.

Being shit is one thing (football for clubs like us is cyclic), but being deliberately run into the ground by a board of directors who are more interested in charity work and antagonising what little support we do have is quite another.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Being shit is one thing (football for clubs like us is cyclic), but being deliberately run into the ground by a board of directors who are more interested in charity work and antagonising what little support we do have is quite another.

How do you mean here? Not at the wind up btw, genuinely curious?

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I genuinely don't think I could do the whole shitshow justice

Sounds grim. Here's hoping that things start to take an upward turn with the board and the fans. Albeit I hope that happens next season in L1, for very obvious reasons.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Sounds grim. Here's hoping that things start to take an upward turn with the board and the fans. Albeit I hope that happens next season in L1, for very obvious reasons.

Sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon. They appear so entrenched they will never bend.

I honestly can't be arsed with them anymore. They make everything feel an absolute chore.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I genuinely don't think I could do the whole shitshow justice

Is the Hamilton McGowan the same wet wipe that was trying to sell us to his pal sherif of what ever he was called?

2 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Is the Hamilton McGowan the same wet wipe that was trying to sell us to his pal sherif of what ever he was called?

I've no idea tbh, but it's the same guy who threatened to build houses on Starks Park when the Raith fans got fed up with him

1 minute ago, Diamond8 said:

The very same. I was just about to say that the Hamilton fans reminded me of that Cove game when Seref Zengin was there with (I think) Colin McGowan and Jim Ballantyne. A poisonous atmosphere that day, though I do still laugh at the story of Ballantyne flashing his rolex at someone. It goes back to what we were talking about in our thread yesterday. For all some people aren't keen on them for whatever reason, the current board are miles better than those charlatans. I dread to think where we'd be now if Zengin had took over.

14 minutes ago, Mr November said:

The very same. I was just about to say that the Hamilton fans reminded me of that Cove game when Seref Zengin was there with (I think) Colin McGowan and Jim Ballantyne. A poisonous atmosphere that day, though I do still laugh at the story of Ballantyne flashing his rolex at someone. It goes back to what we were talking about in our thread yesterday. For all some people aren't keen on them for whatever reason, the current board are miles better than those charlatans. I dread to think where we'd be now if Zengin had took over.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrie-minded-consortium-set-named-11560014.amp is this the game you're referring to? Hamilton need to get those charlatans out of their club asap. We'd probably end up at the bottom end of league 2 if Zengin was in charge. Frightening stuff.

2 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrie-minded-consortium-set-named-11560014.amp is this the game you're referring to? Hamilton need to get those charlatans out of their club asap. We'd probably end up at the bottom end of league 2 if Zengin was in charge. Frightening stuff.

Yes, McGowan and Zengin still floating around NDP. 

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Yeah that’s the one. Losing that game and the atmosphere around the stadium that day is ultimately probably the best thing that’s happened to us in the last decade.

I know even now we’re not exactly giants like Falkirk but the crowd looks depressingly small on the highlights for that game.

We are working to identify those responsible for this hate crime and these so-called supporters will
receive the banning order they deserve from all football matches.”

Were the comments from the Hamilton faithful that bad? 

Edited by Diamond1924

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Apologies then, I've maybe got the wrong end of the stuck or just not well versed enough in the current accies plight.