Airdrie v Hamilton Playoff Final 1st leg

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

You'd have a completely understandable moral high ground here if it wasn't for the fact that this basically also describes 95% of Ayrshire, rising to 99% of you add the words "flute playing".

Ok. Say hi to Tommy Robinson from me next time you see him. Also, immigrants. Grrrrrrr.

I think Airdrie shaded it, although it wasn't a classic by any means. 

I'm assuming they have adequate cover after Janny's dismissal. 

Accies didn't really offer much of a threat up top to be fair. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I think Airdrie shaded it, although it wasn't a classic by any means. 

I'm assuming they have adequate cover after Janny's dismissal. 

Accies didn't really offer much of a threat up top to be fair. 

Woukd imagine ballantyne to right back and deveney to left back and telfer comes in

Dycey at right back and McCabe at centre half for me with McMaster coming in for the second leg. No offence to Euan Deveney or Lachie Byrd but they haven’t played enough to come in for a game of this magnitude.

Could obviously go for ATS at left back with Ballantyne coming over to the right but I’m not sure he’s got the legs to play there anymore and defend against a winger.

11 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ok. Say hi to Tommy Robinson from me next time you see him. Also, immigrants. Grrrrrrr.

Just to clarify, have I to say "hi" or "grrr" to the immigrants? Also, are you an immigrant as English doesn't appear to be your first language judging by your posts? If you are then hi/grrr*

*Delete as appropriate 

Edited by cb_diamond

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Just to clarify, have I to say "hi" or "grrr" to the immigrants? Also, are you an immigrant as English doesn't appear to be your first language judging by your posts? If you are then hi/grrr*

*Delete as appropriate 

Why would an immigrant have a poor grasp of English? 

Decent game tbh. Hamilton were a lot better than I expected them to be.  Really don't have much up front though which could be the difference. Airdrie I thought weren't really in it but got better as the first half went on. Much better second half for them. Great finish by Smith for the goal I thought they would then go on to get one or two more but credit to Accies for hanging on in. The red card late didn't really affect the game. Too tight to call this, it really could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes all the way to a penalty shootout. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Why would an immigrant have a poor grasp of English? 

They wouldn't necessarily, however the likelihood of someone who doesn't have a particular language as their first language having a poorer grasp of a secondary language is exponentially higher. However, don't let that fact detract from the hand wringing that you're trying and failing to set up here wee guy.

We’re like the Airdrie of old with these sending offs.   Don’t think this will change our tactics or shape for the second leg.  But we have to go for it.   About the poorest we’ve played in weeks.   Rhys needs to get the best out of these guys on Saturday.   Was it just me or did Dycey look a bit tired out there today?  He played well enough but looked a bit knackered at times 

29 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Dycey at right back and McCabe at centre half for me with McMaster coming in for the second leg. No offence to Euan Deveney or Lachie Byrd but they haven’t played enough to come in for a game of this magnitude.

Could obviously go for ATS at left back with Ballantyne coming over to the right but I’m not sure he’s got the legs to play there anymore and defend against a winger.

Don’t know what Rhys will do yet but there is no way we can take Fordyce out of central defence.

Thought it was a very very nervy first half, clearly both sides not really wanting to be open. Sure enough took a moment of real good luck and a quality run and finish from Smith. Of course it wouldn’t be Airdrie without a red card and Janny obliges. All to play for on Saturday. Better be worth the £30 I’ve paid for me and my nephew.

A good win marred by Watson’s stupidity at the end. Hamilton started better and looked stronger physically but I thought we came into the game a bit more. The first goal was always going to be key and I felt Hamilton fell out the game after that. They got weaker with every sub too and never really looked like scoring. 

Airdrie weren’t at their best but I’ll take the win. We panicked a bit in the final third and rushed things when we didn’t need to. Watson is the weakest of our back four but possibly the hardest to replace in terms of position, physicality and strength. I like him but he is prone to stupid mistakes and that could be a very costly one tonight. Absolutely no need for it. 

All to play for on Saturday now. It’s great to be going there with an advantage but I can’t say I’m fully confident.

I think Airdrie done the damage tonight outside potential red cards etc in the second leg. 
As i say i have nothing against Accies but they polluted the top flight for a while too long. 
It’s time for Airdrie to step up again. Pride of Lanarkshire depends on it chaps. 3-1 Airdrie Saturday 👍

We were decent until the goal, which is annoying as that looked like the first time where we were starting to get some control. It was a pretty even game, I'd say, with probably one clear chance apiece. Big issues when Airdrie went direct and picked up second balls when Martin was either caught out of position or having to cover for De Bolle, but then we also caused problems on the counter in the first half and using Lewis Smith and De Bolle to try and exploit overloads. 

The tie's obviously still alive, but it'll be a tough ask to win by two goals against a side a) with 11 men, and b) not managed by Brian Rice.