The Compo Faces Thread

17 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Elderly couple stuck in 'dingy' hotel after using £1,000 of savings on 'dream holiday0_LEC_EKIR_071122_KEV-1.thumb.jpg.05a00e1881c9fba5fe2dfc1d398432d2.jpg

Nah. If they want to be taken seriously they should have words like "HELP" and "SEND LAGER" in the windows made out of Post-It notes like students in halls of residence did during COVID lockdown.

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

Kirkcaldy family’s anger at Fife Council over stench from restaurant ventilation

b25lY21zOmU4YTkxMGY1LTk4NWQtNDNmZi1hZWQ3

Fife Council has been slammed for the way it has dealt with a family whose health is suffering and cannot use their garden because of the stench from a neighbouring restaurant.

Or...they cannot use their garden because it looks like the inside of a skip.

21 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

True! But that said given most bank accounts include it for a small fee theres very little excuse other than being a tight c**t to not have an annual policy (unless theres health exclusions?). They would have got all the clothes they had to buy covered, plus they got upgraded and £3000 id say that one of the best results ive ever seen from a delayed bag, yet there they are moaning. 

Aye, but that creates problems too. Tried to claim after a Covid-affected holiday a few years ago. Took out travel insurance before I went but when I tried to claim they found out I had insurance via my bank account and said they were liable. Needless to say the bank said the travel insurance lot were liable and I ended up with nothing. 

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Aye, but that creates problems too. Tried to claim after a Covid-affected holiday a few years ago. Took out travel insurance before I went but when I tried to claim they found out I had insurance via my bank account and said they were liable. Needless to say the bank said the travel insurance lot were liable and I ended up with nothing. 

Did you tell them that? What should have happened is that they should share the liability, my understanding is that they basically should pay half each? 

18 hours ago, peasy23 said:

As others have spotted, Fulham's kit launch picture wouldn't look out of place on here. 

Screenshot_20230701_141733_Twitter.jpg

"Anniversary dinner ruined after local pub bans footy mad couple for wearing football shirts"