The Compo Faces Thread

I just find it odd that they printed the whole story again 4 years later but with her denial added. 

From the Sun at the time..

Freda claimed she'd asked for a hotel in Benidorm's new town on the ground floor that was close to shops. 
But instead she says they were given a hotel on a hill in the old town which was "far from everything".

The pensioner, who worked as a carer and auxiliary nurse for most of her life, said she had never complained about a holiday before but said this was one was a "disaster from start to finish".

Their flights were changed with less than a week's notice, and Freda, who suffers from mobility issues, struggled to get up to the 14th floor rooms they were given.

Her companion added: "It wasn't the holiday we expected but Freda's comments were exaggerated out of all proportion.

"Freda is a lovely woman. It's upsetting and it makes me angry the way she's been treated. People have just been laughing at her.

"And now there have been threats made against her online. It's out of order. They've made a laughing stock of her."

10 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

Would probably then complain "They are too many English people".

I used to mutter that on a daily basis when I worked down south. 😂 

Especially London. Jeezo that place is busy as fcuk when you get off the train at Euston.

On 28/10/2023 at 13:01, superbigal said:

York fire victim (Allegedly Fraudulant auld b*****d), 76, loses insurance payout over form error.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-67219661

Barry likely got pissed and fell asleep while cooking his chips.

He failed to disclose he had previously been flooded on his insurance.

Would insurance even cover falling asleep while the chips (and everything else) burned?

0_AMP_SDR_301023_TRADERS_00011.jpg

Furious traders operating in the shadow of the fire-ravaged Station Hotel – have blasted council chiefs over a lack of support as their businesses ‘struggle to survive’.

Shops, restaurants, pubs, cafes and takeaways have stood together after being plunged into crisis in the wake of the fallout over a huge inferno at the historic hotel

0_AMP_SDR_301023_TRADERS_00015.jpg

4 hours ago, bennett said:

0_AMP_SDR_301023_TRADERS_00011.jpg

Furious traders operating in the shadow of the fire-ravaged Station Hotel – have blasted council chiefs over a lack of support as their businesses ‘struggle to survive’.

Shops, restaurants, pubs, cafes and takeaways have stood together after being plunged into crisis in the wake of the fallout over a huge inferno at the historic hotel

0_AMP_SDR_301023_TRADERS_00015.jpg

I can't help think that if you want folk to come in to your business don't look like a torn faced cnut