Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock are absolutely dreadful.

Assumed theyd turned a corner and were decent after their fans swarmed over the forum talking about how theyd batter us and how shite we were. Very embarrassing for them to then give that performance. 

If Carey and Rudden had their boots on the right feet that ends about 4-0.

I’m pretty confident we would’ve been better in the second half with 11 men but can’t argue with you based on that 90 minutes.

Bad day all round - only silver lining for us is Kevin Van Veen making sure it's as you were for the bottom three. It's in our hands now, but we absolutely have to improve quickly if we're to give ourselves the best-possible chance to stay up.

Hope we see you next season to resume the meh derby, Saintees.

Not a great performance the first 60 minutes but really should have killed the game off once killie started to open up. Desperately need to be better in the last third next season. Can only assume that they didn't feel like risking Kane on plastic; it was quite the cameo from Rudden. Wright is so vital to this side carrying any sort of threat and its been a blessing we've not being missing him for any period this season.

31 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

While not great fells like a while since we had so many chances in a game.

Really should have had a couple more.

13 shots inside the box today, not sure i can remember any that could come close to that just from memory.

Was just a case of getting the job done and needed nothing more. Thought Killie were poor, but like in previous saints games, when the opposition goes down to ten men, you can barely tell.

In fairness to Killie, the ref was absolutely honking. Got the red right, but pretty much everything else wrong or between him and the linesman, guessed right...

You could tell that Saints had identified Armstrong as the biggest threat and set out to nullify him, which pretty much worked.

If we had an effect time striker, we could have had 2-3 more. Rudden, like Bair is not the solution.

Thought Ballentyne did well and didn't look in any way out of place. (Was surprised he was eligible to play).

I'd say Killie have just enough to better united in terms of the automatic drop....

12 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Was just a case of getting the job done and needed nothing more. Thought Killie were poor, but like in previous saints games, when the opposition goes down to ten men, you can barely tell.

In fairness to Killie, the ref was absolutely honking. Got the red right, but pretty much everything else wrong or between him and the linesman, guessed right...

You could tell that Saints had identified Armstrong as the biggest threat and set out to nullify him, which pretty much worked.

If we had an effect time striker, we could have had 2-3 more. Rudden, like Bair is not the solution.

Thought Ballentyne did well and didn't look in any way out of place. (Was surprised he was eligible to play).

I'd say Killie have just enough to better united in terms of the automatic drop....

I hope you're right - we'll see on Wednesday night.

34 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Come on down guys, we will be here to welcome you!!!

Just you worry about Friday night my man 😘

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I hope you're right - we'll see on Wednesday night.

Just you worry about Friday night my man 😘

I think Friday will be a quiet night. Saturday on the other hand........

Drove to Kilmarnock via the M74 yesterday and passed the junction we'd take to Celtic Park. Naturally started wondering if we'd be going off there next season or indeed any time in the near future, given what happened following relegation in 2002.

That's where we were in my mind.

To have not just a positive result but safety assured a few hours later was some outcome.

Our discipline was poor under Callum Davidson so to benefit from three opposition red cards in four games under MacLean has been quite the change. And for the first time we really took advantage of the situation to run out deserved winners.

Was staring at the clock has half-time approached just wanting to get in at the break still ahead. The red has turned the tide though and we played the second half really well, happy to sit in and hit on the break, from where we should have made the result far more comfortable. Some bad misses and some good saves from Sam Walker.

Saints were rock bottom when Steven MacLean took over so credit definitely due to him for getting the results required to secure another season in this division. He'll always have that.