Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

Well it’s been a busy week at the Boomtown Bernebeu, a few new players in, wonder how many will start today.  We certainly needed  defensive reinforcements. Wonder where Josh is? he has been missing the last few weeks. 3 big games for us this week and surely 6pts out of 6 must be the target for the 2 League games which will be a massive boost to our confidence and League position. Imagine the pitch won’t be as heavy as the last game played on it and the strong breeze does not effect the game too much.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Another midweek League game at the Boomtown Bernebeu tonight, hope it’s a better game than we witnessed on Saturday, still the same pitch and less windy. As usual in these contests scoring the 1st goal is all important. We never made many chances on Saturday so hopefully take advantage of any chances that come our way tonight. Every player will be looking for a good performance in order to be selected in Saturdays big. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹 🌹🌹

• 2 weeks later...

So back to the Boomtown Bernebeu this afternoon in the main business of the season. I am sure all Rose fans were more than happy with our performance at Pittodrie last Saturday, it would have been nice for the team and fans to have been rewarded with a goal but was not to be. It’s a decent day to watch a match and no rugby on tele to keep fans at home so should be a good turnout, will East Fife bring extra coach loads of fans at the beginning of their new Managers tenure? After last week’s performance I would expect the Rose to field the same starting 11 which may be tough on Mercer and Byrne. 3pts by 5pm today would be massive.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

A massive local derby today in North Edinburgh. The game there last September was an exception for me with 4 goals shared on the day and us losing a 2 goal lead on the day. Goals have dried up for us in our last few games so we have to score today preferably the first goal. Usually tight affairs against Spartans and I don’t expect anything different today.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Rose were poor today, Spartans were well ahead. Martynuik got bullied all day by Henderson and it’s only thanks to Paddy that Rose didn’t lose by 3 or 4. With the other teams below Rose picking up points, the next few games are critical ……

Stirling Albion have announced that Aaron Dunsmore has left the club and has subsequently been loaned to Bonnyrigg Rose until the end of the season.  I think you have a good addition to your squad. He can play Right Back or Right Wing....think he has played more centrally at some point but he's been there and done it at this level (more than once) and will add some dig and some creativity to your team I'm sure.

Edited by BB_Bino

11 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Stirling Albion have announced that Aaron Dunsmore has left the club and has subsequently been loaned to Bonnyrigg Rose until the end of the season.  I think you have a good addition to your squad. He can play Right Back or Right Wing....think he has played more centrally at some point but he's been there and done it at this level (more than once) and will add some dig and some creativity to your team I'm sure.

Rose badly need to strengthen the midfield - we’re not scoring goals but that’s because the strikers are living of scraps. If he can play in the middle then this gives Cuzza some well needed support in the engine room.

Sounds like a good signing ….. 

8 hours ago, Broonaldo said:

Rose badly need to strengthen the midfield - we’re not scoring goals but that’s because the strikers are living of scraps. If he can play in the middle then this gives Cuzza some well needed support in the engine room.

Sounds like a good signing ….. 

He can't play in the middle. He's a decent attacking right back or a right midfield.

12 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

He can't play in the middle. He's a decent attacking right back or a right midfield.

Hmmmmm...he can, I wouldn't say it was his natural position and I would be surprised if he was brought in to play there, but he can play there and did on a number of occasions for us last season. I suspect he has been brought in to sit on the right Wing however.

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Hmmmmm...he can, I wouldn't say it was his natural position and I would be surprised if he was brought in to play there, but he can play there and did on a number of occasions for us last season. I suspect he has been brought in to sit on the right Wing however.

I take your point. There's a difference in turning out in a position because of injury etc and being effective and improving the team as a whole. He is far more effective on the right.

Well it’s rather wet in Boomtown at the moment so another game on a likely heavy pitch. Surely we will perform better today than last Saturdays tepid performance at Spartans. We don’t have a good record against the League leaders so it would be a great result for us if we can put another dent in their promotion push. Scoring the first goal of the game is again all important today.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Same old, same old for the Rose. Too lightweight in defence and we’re outdone by a good set piece launched into the box where a big bustling 6ft+ striker / defender wins the header. I’d love to know how many goals we’ve lost over the past 2 seasons to this scenario. Paddy Martin is a decent goalie but he needs some support, if we had someone like Jamieson or Buchanan playing in front of him we’d be so much more secure.

And once again poor McGachie is living off scraps. Dunsmore had a decent debut, hopefully he can feed the front men going forward. Worrying trajectory for the Rose, with Clyde only 5 points behind us now …… MASSIVE game on Tuesday where 3 points is a must.

Poor team selection, awful tactics and eye bleeding football, yet again. 10 games left to salvage our season, otherwise years of hard work and progress at the club will come to a grinding halt. Change of manager has been required for a while and is now recognised as essential by the vast majority of our support. Let’s get it done now before the situation becomes irrecoverable.

Well it’s a local derby midweek match at the Boomtown Bernebeu. The pitch held up well on Saturday so should be same tonight. Both teams suffered home defeats on Saturday past. Once again we were powder puff and failed to make many scoring opportunities, surely that has to change someday, tonight would be a great time to start but our previous games against our nearest League neighbours are normally tight low scoring affairs and I see tonight no different. As usual the first goal is all important.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well it’s a local derby midweek match at the Boomtown Bernebeu. The pitch held up well on Saturday so should be same tonight. Both teams suffered home defeats on Saturday past. Once again we were powder puff and failed to make many scoring opportunities, surely that has to change someday, tonight would be a great time to start but our previous games against our nearest League neighbours are normally tight low scoring affairs and I see tonight no different. As usual the first goal is all important.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

No it didn't. You can't pass the ball or dribble with it on that surface. The game at the weekend was a brutal spectacle. I always like watching my team playing at New Dundas Park - it's a different kind of challenge, you have to adapt your gameplan accordingly - but that pitch takes the cake! 

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

No it didn't. You can't pass the ball or dribble with it on that surface. The game at the weekend was a brutal spectacle. I always like watching my team playing at New Dundas Park - it's a different kind of challenge, you have to adapt your gameplan accordingly - but that pitch takes the cake! 

Reminds me of those games in the 60s/70s where by this time in the season you couldn’t see a single blade of grass.