Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

6 hours ago, SLClyde said:

How many games will martyniuk get for that red card?

I’m sure when Peggie was sent off a few weeks back he got a one match suspension, but I think that was for 2 yellows - maybe 2 games for a straight red?

13 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

From the SFA website, assuming he was sent off for serious foul play so 2 games, and will miss us as well. 

He’s been poor at CB this season (he’s a LB) so you’ll be sorry he’s missing!! Gormley played well at CB against Spartans and Mercer could play there, or Grigor if he’s fit. We’ve been calling out for a dominant CB for 2 seasons ….. 

I thought Bonnyrigg might have pushed on this season after consolidating there first season up. 

Is the squad/coaching staff still made up from the team that won the Lowland two seasons ago? 

Maybe a change of manager/playing squad may help push the club on next season as long as you stay up

17 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

I thought Bonnyrigg might have pushed on this season after consolidating there first season up. 

Is the squad/coaching staff still made up from the team that won the Lowland two seasons ago? 

Maybe a change of manager/playing squad may help push the club on next season as long as you stay up

There’s still a few in the squad from the juniors days - Young, Martynuik, Stewart, Currie, McGachie, Gray, Andrews. Barrett and Connolly have been there a while too. There’s a decent squad there, it just needs to add a bit of muscle in defence and upfront and a bit creativity in midfield. 

11 hours ago, wingnut said:

Hoping the Rose can survive and stay in the league especially with a great crowd behind them and getting bigger crowds than the league above them 🌹

My son Alex known as Kingy used to give a bit dig in midfield back in the day when he played for the Rose and Spartans and he was lined by fans exactly for that,never shirked a tackle 🌹

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting ready to leave the house for the short walk to the Boomtown Bernebeu. Certainly gonna be a heavy pitch today in a vitally important game for both teams. I don’t expect a classic and as usual the first goal of the game (if either team scores one) will also be important. Will wear gloves today to save my fingernails getting further damage.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Tactical ineptitude reached a new low today. The manager and his “coaching” staff simply don’t have what’s required at this level. Why is nothing being done about this? Without change, we’re unlikely to win another game this season.

37 minutes ago, Country Boy said:

Tactical ineptitude reached a new low today. The manager and his “coaching” staff simply don’t have what’s required at this level. Why is nothing being done about this? Without change, we’re unlikely to win another game this season.

How many of that team came up from the lowland?

Worst form in league in last 5 games.

Worst form in league in last 10 games.

Worst form in league in last 15 games.

Worst form in league in last 20 games.

Results don’t lie. Time for something to change or it’s back to Lowland League. 

Edited by Rosey_Posey

4 hours ago, Rosey_Posey said:

Worst form in league in last 5 games.

Worst form in league in last 10 games.

Worst form in league in last 15 games.

Worst form in league in last 20 games.

Results don’t lie. Time for something to change or it’s back to Lowland League. 

The lowland league is where your facilities belong. Two port-a-loos for the whole away end and the worst sloping pitch I’ve seen. Plus fat dumplings like McGachie in the team. Get doon. 

6 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

The lowland league is where your facilities belong. Two port-a-loos for the whole away end and the worst sloping pitch I’ve seen. Plus fat dumplings like McGachie in the team. Get doon. 

Poor post, naive comments. In only our 2nd season in the SPFL, it’ll take time (and a lot of money) to get our infrastructure in place. But we’ve our own ground, we’re not wracking ourselves with massive debt (and no rich sugar daddy here), we’ve a Board with the right intentions, a local community fan base with relatively realistic ambitions and we know if we’re relegated we’ll still be in existence in a few years time.

Can you say that about your club?  Can many in the lower leagues?

2 hours ago, Broonaldo said:

Poor post, naive comments. In only our 2nd season in the SPFL, it’ll take time (and a lot of money) to get our infrastructure in place. But we’ve our own ground, we’re not wracking ourselves with massive debt (and no rich sugar daddy here), we’ve a Board with the right intentions, a local community fan base with relatively realistic ambitions and we know if we’re relegated we’ll still be in existence in a few years time.

I reckon most in the lower leagues could say that, yes. Most own their ground, most have a community fan base, and live within their means. Most league 2 clubs think they can be a league 1 club and possibly a championship club with the right conditions. I think most clubs in league 2 right now have flirted with promotion to the championship in the last 10-15 years. 

Given that east Stirling and Cowdenbeath have survived in the Lowland league, there's little doubt most current league 2 clubs could.

Most clubs that have risen to league 2 also have had far superior facilities than BR also.

So the means yours is a poor post littered with naive comments.

3 hours ago, Broonaldo said:

Well said. I believe the clock has been ticking financially at Clyde since they spent on getting promoted to Div 1 a few years back. They seem to have had a bit of a financial injection lately but if the status quo remains it will continue to be a struggle for them to survive at this level.