Dundee United v Kilmarnock

On the one hand, Newman doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. On the other, Birighitti status as a total liability is utterly beyond doubt now, and his presence in the team does nothing but sap away what little hope we have left.

Graham, on the few occasions he's played, has been a huge disappointment after being so promising last season. Given the likes of Smith, Edwards and Mulgrew have turned in shocking performances for weeks on end without losing their places, he can probably feel hard done by to not have featured more often. However, the rumour that Goodwin may only be turning to him now with two games left and Behich's suspension to factor in suggests that there's not a great deal of trust in him from our coaching team.

I expect a miserable evening.

Edited by captainkev

28 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

There appears to be a warrant out for my arrest.

All I did was ask my mate if he wanted the free ticket for tonight's game with the season ticket offer.

Disgusting. You call yourself a mate?

I watched a very good Sky documentary on the title winning team of 83. I recognised most of the players on the pitch in the final clip but was one of them John Gardiner who had a loan spell with the Diamonds and who was in an Easterhouse school team I looked after in early 70s?

Was he the reserves goalie to the excellent Hamish! 

Thanks for any info and hope you stay in Premier.

Heading up and I have the fear. I don't think anyone at all is confident that their side will do the business tonight - and with good reason, given how bad both our teams seem to be. I've been trying to be positive, but I can't do it and I also can't imagine going anywhere else tonight as if we're doomed I have to be there to witness it in person. Have no ill will towards United at all, but if it's a case of us vs them it's always us so I'm praying to all available deities for a Killie and St. Johnstone double tonight for an easy Sunday.

...not going to happen, is it?

If Dundee United can’t beat that absolute state of a team Kilmarnock have put out, then they deserve a lengthy slog in the championship. 

I’m assuming Power is carrying an injury?! And Brad Lyon’s starting, and McInroy still can’t get on the bench. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

If Dundee United can’t beat that absolute state of a team Kilmarnock have put out, then they deserve a lengthy slog in the championship. 

Taylor is almost guaranteed to score a free header at the back post in 25 yards of space at a corner.

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

DEARIE DEARIE FUCKING DEARIE ME. 

Taylor & Stokes, the slowest central defensive partnership in SPFL history. This 🤡 is ripping the pish with that lineup.