The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Like Darvel, this is a result which will haunt us for years. A fantastic opportunity to reach the Europa League thrown away.

As not as bad as the Darvel result but get where your coming from regards that we will struggle to get a favourable playoff qualifier 

6 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Are all conference league games 8pm kick offs or are there 6pm kick offs too?

They're split between 5:45pm and 8pm (UK time), plus a few at 3:30pm... Hearts v Istanbul last season was 5:45pm while Riga got an even rougher deal with 1x 5:30pm and 2x 10pm local time.

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

They're split between 5:45pm and 8pm (UK time), plus a few at 3:30pm... Hearts v Istanbul last season was 5:45pm while Riga got an even rougher deal with 1x 5:30pm and 2x 10pm local time.

Cheers for that. Hoping get lucky and the 3 homes are 8pm. Our luck will be 5:45 

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It's annoying because we missed 2 X 1 on 1's. Had more than enough chances to win but that no37 was absolute class.  Hey ho. We are still in Europe and if we play like that in the ECL we will do ok. 

Are Aberdeen in pot 3 or 4?

If it's 4 then I'd say there's a very good chance Hacken are the weakest team you'll play in Europe this season.

14 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Cheers for that. Hoping get lucky and the 3 homes are 8pm. Our luck will be 5:45 

The cheeks used to always alternate with one playing a 6pm (UK time) tie away before the other player 8pm at home. We may see similar this year with us and the orcs.

7 minutes ago, Spectre said:

It's 4

Just having a look there. Maybe one or two teams in the top couple of pots who they could give a game, but otherwise extremely tough. Pot 3 is a real mixed bag.

Just home. Too late to read the thread.

Disappointing night, I thought we were naive, particularly the way we chased it in the 2nd half. They looked far more controlled than in the first leg, albeit we still had our chances. 

we aren’t good enough for a game of basketball against a quality team. Last week felt like controlled aggression and bravery, tonight felt silly at times. Better team won. 

Feel disappointed after that. You can't miss two one on ones and expect to win and other really poor finishing tonight. Sadiq was the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile and was the main difference between the teams. But it was far too easy for Hacken to find players in space in midfield and up front. Although we should still have outscored them tonight.

Quite funny the ref initially thought sadiq dived. 

The guys around us in the south celebrated the yellow card like a goal, while my mate and I just looked at each other and ‘that’s getting overturned’. 

I was down by the fence in the south and it looked a pen all day long.