The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

That was much less damaging than I was anticipating.

Robson got the set-up correct and we squeezed the game really effectively out of possession, and actually transitioned very well at times.

Some really impressive individual performances, too. Devlin, Gartenmann and Jensen were good defensively, and McGrath, Shinnie and Miovski all put in tireless shifts. Hayes did well when he came on. 

It would have been nice to get a point, and a bit more composure from Sokler at the end would have helped matters.

Edited by DrewDon

Yeah should never say I’ll take that for a defeat but I honestly thought we were going to be horsed by about 5 or 6 after the last couple of performances so that was quite encouraging.

Maybe we can find a way to give Ross County 70% of the ball at the weekend?

34 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Off the phone with the old man who was saying when he was in Germany. He was told that a young age the kids there are taught that they cross at crossings with the green man and wait when it’s red man. Was standing at the lights and a women who was part of his travel party went to cross early. Police man did a double take and started going nuts at her.

If they are harsh about simple things like that you are in for a long night when you’ve thrown a flare into a bunch of Germans at a football match 

A few Dons fans, including me, should be on here eating humble pie. I thought we did really well to keep Eintracht away from our box for the majority of the match. Not convinced it was a penalty and yet another goal from a header in the box, and I thought that our goal was well worked and brilliantly finished. With 20/25 minutes to go I was desperate for the time to speed to the final whistle, but then Eintracht settled for the 2-1 and we started to really come at them and disappointed to only see 5 added minutes. Thoroughly heartened by that performance. By the way, I'm sure somebody alluded to this earlier in the week, but our best performances seem to have come with Polvara in the team.

Just now, gannonball said:

The person has been arrested.Screenshot_20230921-211206.thumb.png.daccf00d4ba905c9ddf5b9f067b5b620.png

Good. Get him to pay the fine that is undoubtedly coming Aberdeen's way. It can't be my son because he's just texted me to say he got drookit on the way back to the train station. Thanks for the translation as I have no technical abilities.

19 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Off the phone with the old man who was saying when he was in Germany. He was told that a young age the kids there are taught that they cross at crossings with the green man and wait when it’s red man. Was standing at the lights and a women who was part of his travel party went to cross early. Police man did a double take and started going nuts at her.

If they are harsh about simple things like that you are in for a long night when you’ve thrown a flare into a bunch of Germans at a football match 

Czechs do the same, everyone stops at a crossing and waits and you can be fined for not doing so.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

What do you have against Aberdeen? You seem to be revelling in this incident. 

I don't mind Aberdeen, thought they did very well, but as West Ham and Benfica have had away fans banned for similar incidents, likely it will happen to the Dons.