Killie vs County, 28/05/23

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

It can't be often that the championship side is favourite to win the play-off but Thistle must be.   

No chance.  As poor as Killie and County have been this season, the difference in quality in individual players is massive. 

34 minutes ago, morrison said:

To be fair, it's the same situation on Saturday. But at least traveling back on Sunday isn't a work day for most people. 

And Monday's a Bank Holiday, by coincidence this year...

Why are they on Sunday anyway when none of them are televised?

I started the conversation about Sunday at 3pm being a poor time purely for my own perspective tbh. It may well be a bank holiday for some but I'm working as usual, so up quite early on Monday morning after a long/late drive home on Sunday night. 

I'm hoping that it'll be a joyful journey after watching County bang in a few goals and winning the match though 🤞🦌

1 hour ago, morrison said:

To be fair, it's the same situation on Saturday. But at least traveling back on Sunday isn't a work day for most people. 

And Monday's a Bank Holiday, by coincidence this year...

Why are they on Sunday anyway when none of them are televised?

You can get a train back on a Saturday night if you can make it to the station in Kilmarnock by 6pm. Its a late arrival home, granted, but at least its the same day.

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

You can get a train back on a Saturday night if you can make it to the station in Kilmarnock by 6pm. Its a late arrival home, granted, but at least its the same day.

Ah yeah, I can see the trip to Inverness is doable. I'm not getting a train back to Dingwall but there'll still be bus options.

20 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Where is good for a pint and away fan friendly near the ground? Definitely going to need something to calm the nerves! Our biggest game in a while! Can’t say I fancy us on the plastic pitch but anything can happen on the day, just hoping mackay finally leaves this 5 at the back nonsense as we looked a man short last night up the field. 

A big group of us go to Mack's before every killie away. More than welcome to join.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

No chance.  As poor as Killie and County have been this season, the difference in quality in individual players is massive. 

I remember thinking exactly this two years ago...

22 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

How do Killie fans feel about the prospect of a play off? I think either  County or Killie have enough quality to see it through over two legs, but the fact Partick have scored 13 in 4 games is a worry. 

Make that 18 in 5 

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Are you still of this opinion? If i was a Killie or County fan, i wouldnt fancy facing Thistle on current form. 

On 26/05/2023 at 13:08, Savage Henry said:

Interesting. Taking Killie, how do you compare our individual players to Thistle and reach that conclusion, with some examples?

There aren't many quality players in a Killie shirt this season so I'm not seeing the huge gulf you describe! Would far rather make ourselves safe today.

On 25/05/2023 at 22:51, Pete the Jakey said:

How do Killie fans feel about the prospect of a play off? I think either  County or Killie have enough quality to see it through over two legs, but the fact Partick have scored 13 in 4 games is a worry. 

If Tiffoney is on his game as he was the other night along with Graham receiving then Partick will be a struggle for County or Killie.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On 25/05/2023 at 21:44, Rcfc fan said:

Where is good for a pint and away fan friendly near the ground? Definitely going to need something to calm the nerves! Our biggest game in a while! Can’t say I fancy us on the plastic pitch but anything can happen on the day, just hoping mackay finally leaves this 5 at the back nonsense as we looked a man short last night up the field. 

The Crown lounge is worth a visit, used to be owned by my wife's Grandfather, ex Rangers and Killie.

Sadly can't make the match now, travelled down day before and stayed in Glasgow (health issues etc.)

I'm confident. The lads just got to believe, far better team than Killie. Plastic pitch or not, makes no difference.

Nothing against Killie, but for the good of the league lets relegate them. No plastic surfaces in Scotland's top league. Nae offence like Killie fans.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is Killie TV any good or is it just one of these ball following automatic cameras with no commentary? I see it's £9.99 for ppv.

https://ppv.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/

It's decent. John Barnes (ex BBC journo) does the commentary and usually has an ex Killie player on co-comms. He's not always unbiased, although I get the feeling that the club have told him to wind his neck in recently, but it's a fairly professional setup nonetheless.