Anti aging

I saw a video of YouTuber Will Tennyson visiting him. Man’s a total weirdo. You can tell Tennyson, someone of a mild eccentric in his videos, was slightly uneasy.

It's also worth pointing out that the guy is taking testosterone and human growth hormone, effectively doping if he was an athlete.  He's posted that his VO2 Max is 58, which is pretty good for a 45 year old.

I do not dope, I have done one run in five years.  I am overweight, I don't have a great diet and my VO2 max is 43, if you go by heart rate.  I did a step test recently after having a major chest infection and an ashtma attack a week or so before and got 39.  If I started running better and improved my diet I wouldn't be far behind his score and I don't even have to pay millions of dollars and inject my sons blood.

Also, his max bench press is 235 lbs / 106 kg, which for someone who is basically doping is pretty terrible.  You are basically on steroids, you should be lifting a lot more than that.

Edited by ICTChris

The concept of "only as strong as the weakest link" applies here. 

Having the heart of a ten year old and lungs of a twenty year old won't help if you have the brain or liver of a centenarian. 

I guess some of these things could have side effects. 

He does look 45. Just a bit of a poncey 45.

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

have any P&Bers got an anti aging protocol?

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I'm not looking in your fridge to see what you eat 

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You might have read about tech millionaire Bryan Johnson in the news the last few weeks. Johnson, who founded Venmo and sold it to PayPal for $800m, has apparently dedicated himself to reducing his biological age. He’s 45 but claims to have the lung capacity of an 18 year old, the heart of a 37 year old and the skin of a 25 year old. He has achieved this by numerous experimental procedures, a tightly controlled diet and exercise regime. Controversially, his regime includes blood transfusions from his 17 year old son.

This GQ article brought him and his regime to wider attention

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/bryan-johnson-millionaire-deaging-technology/amp

Here’s a photo of Johnson - this is a man lying $2m a year not to look 45. Money well spent?

3BBBE071-362B-4F42-A491-C8AE70B47BA1.thumb.webp.d317225e56c132e92144bd7ed1a13a11.webp

He doesn't look a bit well, imho, as a highly unqualified medical man.

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

And by the time that's all finished, it's time for your nightime routine...

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

One can always be thinner, look better.

I've went through a few stages in my life where I've been pretty terrified of dying, during one I done allot of research into how people would effectively try and stop themselves from ageing, and the money that some ultra rich people were putting into making themselves immortal. 

One article that stuck with me was from a reporter who done a day in the life sorta thing, he found the day to be fucking miserable, making the point that there's no point adding a few years to your life if you're not enjoying it. 

So I'll go out, have a takeaway and drink a few pints and be happy with it, it's not good for you, but if it makes you happy I'd rather that than worrying if I've missed a blood transfusion from my son etcetc.

41 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I'm 40. My VO Max is 486.

I can bench press 350kg. And I can climb the stairs.

#estrogen.

(Not a fucking clue what VO Max is)

VO2 max is the optimal rate that the heart and lungs can use oxygen during activity.  It's usually measured by calculating how many mililitres of oxygen your body can process per kilogram of bodyweight in one minute.  You can measure it in a number of ways - one was of estimating it is to the following formula

15 x (maximum heart / resting heart rate)

Your maximum heart rate is 220-your age.

This is pretty rough, you can get a fitness watch to measure it as well.

12 hours ago, BTFD said:

I saw one of the lassies from Friends recently, and she had that "Real Housewives" look of skin artificially stretched across bone.

Reveal hidden contents

"Courteney Cox?"

"Not many lately, how about yourself?"

(© Stephen Fry)

If you see any of the YouTube videos of influencers telling young lassies how to avoid aging (and, let's be honest, it's what we're all watching), they're all convinced that the key is to avoid using muscles in your face. So, no laughing, smiling, or displaying emotion of any kind for you.

There was one who claimed to be able to smile by only moving two facial muscles. Utter fucking lunatics.

No laughing, smiling or showing any emotion eh?

So the secret to looking young is to support Aberdeen then?

58 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

No laughing, smiling or showing any emotion eh?

So the secret to looking young is to support Aberdeen then?

Going by the lassies in the aforementioned videos, the secret appears to be being 20 years old, and having a bizarre belief that their mothers aged because they used their muscles too much.