Dundee United 23/24

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think some United fans need to check their negativity. A penalty miss (Watt didn't hit it hard enough FFS) and a couple of worldie saves and we should have won that.

Nothing about the performance today has me worried.

First competitive game of the season and folk hounding the whole team and manager out the door.

No wonder we are where we are right now.

We were rotten. Never really got going and deserved to lose to a team who were playing juniors last season. 

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Think some United fans need to check their negativity. A penalty miss (Watt didn't hit it hard enough FFS) and a couple of worldie saves and we should have won that.

First competitive game of the season and folk hounding the whole team and manager out the door.

There's an element of truth in that but it's difficult to be measured after the last 12 months. Very poor from Watt, Middleton, Grimshaw (and others I'm sure). The young guys who came on were better but we're crying out for a good centre forward.  It won't Watt and until we get a new guy in I'd go with MacLeod,  who at least plays that position.

23 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

The idea that we are “where we are right now” because of fans negativity is about the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

And if anything, the fans have been - imho - bewilderingly positive over recent weeks. What we may be seeing now and over the next couple of weeks is a growing realisation about just how shite this squad and coaching team is.

My sincere apologies if you believe this post is going to cost us some points.

Edited by ArabFC

29 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

:lol:

34 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

We really needed a pallette cleanser after last season to try get some optimism about the club. Today was nowhere near good enough, especially first half.

Although we were more dominant in the 2nd half, it's worth noting that the BBC commentary repeatedly pointed out that Spartans were tiring badly by the hour mark and had limited their ambitions to just see the game out. Yet we still couldn't score.

I hate joining in on the negativity after only one game, but last season was somehow even more demoralising than our last relegation and this was, on paper, the most comfortable fixture in the group. It's not getting any easier after this ahead of the start of the league campaign.

The negativity around these results lingers whether you like it or not. Even when we won the first 4 games of the 19/20 season culminating with the 6-2 derby people were still darkly muttering about Neilson and the East Fife performance a few weeks prior.

Edited by captainkev

37 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Maybe I'm being whooshed here.

We had to change shape after 25 minutes because it was such a f**k up.

Their keeper should have about 12 saves to get a win against a team with our resources.

Maybe I'm doing their keeper a disservice but there were no worldies at all. Maybe worldies for a fat auld lad.