Dundee United 23/24

I really must be broken as I'm not that bothered about that display tonight.

Lots to work on and the usual suspects are still shite but there was good stuff there.

Really pleased with Fotheringham after he looked miles out of his depth last season.

McMann might have found his level.

Glass and Freeman can f**k off and Cudjoe seems like he is full of beans and a trier but unfortunately he just isnt good.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Cudjoe seems like he is full of beans and a trier but unfortunately he just isnt good.

I really want Cudjoe to come good, as he's clearly got something about him. However, between listening to Saturday's game and watching tonight I'm really worried that my fears about his lack of end product are proving justified.

1 minute ago, captainkev said:

I really want Cudjoe to come good, as he's clearly got something about him. However, between listening to Saturday's game and watching tonight I'm really worried that my fears about his lack of end product are proving justified.

Yeah when you see flashes you think what a great player he could be , but I can’t think of a single instance where he has shown that he has an end product!! Never releases the ball at the right time and doesn’t seem to be getting any better at it.

23 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

United’s owner, Mark Ogren, knows f**k all about football and was heavily previously reliant upon a gaslighting charlatan who rightly got binned.  However he has not replaced him with anyone and as a result we appear to have a questionable recruitment policy overseen by who exactly?

That would perhaps explain why he thought he could make money from his purchase of United.

6 minutes ago, captainkev said:

3 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Yeah when you see flashes you think what a great player he could be , but I can’t think of a single instance where he has shown that he has an end product!! Never releases the ball at the right time and doesn’t seem to be getting any better at it.

I said on the group thread that he just loves an extra unnecessary touch. Gets himself in a great position to do something positive, then instead of crossing/shooting/passing, takes another touch, which is almost always utterly shite, and loses the ball

Apathy is back in town.

Who am I kidding? I've been numb to this stuff for years.

There may be glimpses of decent here and there but, and I mean this with all due respect to Thistle, if that's all we can take from our first home game vs Partick Thistle in the cup, loads to prove all over the pitch and in the dugout, then we are completely and utterly fucking fucked.

I know its early days and i keep saying Goodwin and the team need time but right now I'm getting a little concerned.

35 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Not sure what anyone was expecting.

We had a crap team.

We’ve released all the least-worst players.

And signed meh!

This about sums up what we were discussing last weekend. You should be favourites by the country mile to win the championship, size of club, size of support, size of budget. I mean, you don't need to be a pundit to predict United should be favourites? But the evidence of the players you guys have signed do not stink of league winners, more of securing safety. Strange decision making by someone.