Dundee United 23/24

20 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We still would have created a million chances if we had lost 2-1. Take a day off from being the site's biggest bore and enjoy your win

I am enjoying the win but I've no plans to take time off.

The comment about "two poor goals" was daft in the context of how the goals arrived in the game.  

Don't post shite, and I'll have no need to bore you.

That's all.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It is possible to have a good cup run and be promoted. It isn't a case of one or the other, especially since cup dates are included in the matchday calendar.

Sure you can. You can also care less about one thing than the other.

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

Hopefully yesterdays result will reinforce the fact that we can’t go an entire season with just 2 strikers, Watt missing through injury and Moult a bit off form but absolutely zero options to change things 

Rory McLeod not playing for Forfar yesterday, presumably to avoid him being cup tied. Some laugh

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

If we treat yesterday's result as a defeat, that's four defeats in all competitions this season, three of which have been on artificial surfaces. Just confirms my pet theory that Dundee United have issues with artificial surfaces, and we have done for years.

Or maybe we're just imploding.

12 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

If we treat yesterday's result as a defeat, that's four defeats in all competitions this season, three of which have been on artificial surfaces. Just confirms my pet theory that Dundee United have issues with artificial surfaces, and we have done for years.

Or maybe we're just imploding.

Maybe both.

I eckon we're in for a dip in form for a few weeks / games. 

We always go to shit at some point in the season and seems very United to do it now.

Genuinely not bothered about any cups and just want promoted so while I'm not overly fussed about going out I'm more concerned at the circumstances.

Goodwin has some slack as we've been good in the league so far but he's got to steady the ship and keep the players focused.

14 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Hopefully yesterdays result will reinforce the fact that we can’t go an entire season with just 2 strikers, Watt missing through injury and Moult a bit off form but absolutely zero options to change things 

I've felt that for a wee while now. Watt isn't a long term option up front Imo and I'd like someone with pace up front as another option.

On 27/11/2023 at 01:25, mishtergrolsch said:

I eckon we're in for a dip in form for a few weeks / games. 

We always go to shit at some point in the season and seems very United to do it now.

Genuinely not bothered about any cups and just want promoted so while I'm not overly fussed about going out I'm more concerned at the circumstances.

Goodwin has some slack as we've been good in the league so far but he's got to steady the ship and keep the players focused.

I've felt that for a wee while now. Watt isn't a long term option up front Imo and I'd like someone with pace up front as another option.

Still feeling OK about the League? A dip in form would be welcome...of course, sooner or later it'll hit us too, but it's got the makings of a fun season long struggle.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Still feeling OK about the League? A dip in form would be welcome...of course, sooner or later it'll hit us too, but it's got the makings of a fun season long struggle.

f**k me, they're taunting us now!

I'm thinking (hoping?) the players need a focus to bring them back to form, perhaps the contiguity of Raith Rovers is just that.

14 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

f**k me, they're taunting us now!

I'm thinking (hoping?) the players need a focus to bring them back to form, perhaps the contiguity of Raith Rovers is just that.

Na bud we’re just riding the wave right now, don’t think any of our fans seriously believe we can challenge Dundee Utd for the league but we’re enjoying the ride so far this season. Ultimately your strength in depth should be too much for the other 9 teams in this division and I’m sure you’ve got the resources to bring in a player or two come January if you’re not clear of us.  Looking forward to our away day to Tannadice not been before and hopefully we’ll bring a good support up. 

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Na bud we’re just riding the wave right now, don’t think any of our fans seriously believe we can challenge Dundee Utd for the league but we’re enjoying the ride so far this season. Ultimately your strength in depth should be too much for the other 9 teams in this division and I’m sure you’ve got the resources to bring in a player or two come January if you’re not clear of us.  Looking forward to our away day to Tannadice not been before and hopefully we’ll bring a good support up. 

I do.