Dundee United 23/24

7 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Had there ever been a player that's played for both Dundee sides but one more than the other? 

I was thinking earlier and can't recall anyone. I've always thought Murray is absolute hupny and he reminds me of a farmfoods Kenny Miller. 

Andy Mclaren?

1 minute ago, AlbionMan said:

Iain Phillip, Kenny Cameron and Gordon Wallace had long spells at both

Yep, but the question was which players had a long spell at one but not the other.  Most players seem to have played a similar'ish period of time at both.  

59 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep, but the question was which players had a long spell at one but not the other.  Most players seem to have played a similar'ish period of time at both.  

No, the question is which players have had more spells at one club than the other. E.g Billy Dodds - 1 at Dens, 2 at Tannadice.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

I see Harry Lewis has signed for Carlisle, is he any good??

He had potential when he was with us but that was a long time ago now.  I'm assuming if he is at Carlisle (who looked shocking against us in pre season, no matter what Donkey Adams says about the standard down there) then he has never lived up to that potential.

4 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

He had potential when he was with us but that was a long time ago now.  I'm assuming if he is at Carlisle (who looked shocking against us in pre season, no matter what Donkey Adams says about the standard down there) then he has never lived up to that potential.

At the time I thought he was honking, but then I’ve had to recalibrate what constitutes “honking” after a season of Birighitti. 

Famous ex-Dundee centre forward who signed on at Tannadice three times (twice during WW2), and netted more than a goal a game in his spells as a wartime player: 87 goals in 73 matches. Albert Juliussen. 

@Derry Alli think he averaged more than a goal a game at Dens. In two consecutive games for Dundee in 1947, he scored 13 goals (6&7).

Few saying Watt away, not that I’ve heard. I think United would be open to letting him leave (if someone is daft enough to take him) but he’s starting and captain tomorrow so they watt is away shouts are wide of the mark now the time being…

22 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Few saying Watt away, not that I’ve heard. I think United would be open to letting him leave (if someone is daft enough to take him) but he’s starting and captain tomorrow so they watt is away shouts are wide of the mark now the time being…

Seems to have stemmed from a tweet by Burns mentioning Watt being "home to roost" in relation to his chickens and has now snowballed to Watt signing for Motherwell and Utd back to being short of attacking options, load of pish imo

36 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Seems to have stemmed from a tweet by Burns mentioning Watt being "home to roost" in relation to his chickens and has now snowballed to Watt signing for Motherwell and Utd back to being short of attacking options, load of pish imo

That tweet was strange and felt like it meant something. I think United are open to letting him leave but few said he was 100% away. Definitely not the case just yet. Personally would be open to letting him go if we had a replacement lined up. His wage does not justify his performances since he’s been at United. 

New number 7 in line for a start tomorrow 

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

I’d rather keep him around, he’s been contributing well, but I can see it happening as we’ve just brought in another two forward players and are seemingly baw rookit. 

I'd be amazed if they let Watt go in January.

Whatever the merits of his playing contribution, the optics would be dreadful. Allowed to leave last January, not replaced, team relegated, brought back, rehabilitated, vice captain and then allowed to go again. Even United aren't that tone deaf. 

Probably.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

I see Harry Lewis has signed for Carlisle, is he any good??

He could have been, but his confidence was utterly destroyed after one season at our shitty club and he ended up being dropped for Deniz Mehmet. Which sort of says it all, really.

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

On 09/01/2024 at 19:03, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What happens when/if you somehow manage to crawl over the line, you going to bin all these jobbers?

Thank you.

We will implode and cease to exist.

Happy now?

59 minutes ago, CYBERSHED said:

We will implode and cease to exist.

Happy now?

I'm not bothered, one way or the other,

'for there are brighter sides to life, and I should know, because I've seen them, but not very often.'

Thank you.