The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

40 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

That statement has an interesting line where they say they have put thing in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.... but they had no idea how it happened so how can they ensure anything? Or are they just padding out a pretty vague statement about maybe people have been paid, maybe not, don't no. But we have made sure it won't happen again. Apparently. 

It's more lies from Gerry Strain.

5 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

They haven’t been paid for 2 weeks and McGowan’s Admin people have left the club in a shambles after the changeover in staff- unable to process Season Tickets etc with everything being done manually 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/scotland-football/article-13698111/amp/Hamilton-players-stage-walk-unpaid-wages-club-blames-banking-error-eve-new-season.html

Gerry in press saying something similar being the reason the players haven't been paid. 

7 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Screenshot_20240801-184126.thumb.png.65ad3987850fb1d018396034d41f5206.png

Not sure if I'd trust that paper it was Gerry given that they think Don Cowie is John Rankin...

10 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

End of the article states Accies pay £2 million per season for playing at NDP. Is that accurate?

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

End of the article states Accies pay £2 million per season for playing at NDP. Is that accurate?

I doubt it. From memory it was 50k per year. Looking to purchase the stadium for 2.9m.

5 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I did question that bit off the article myself pretty sure they confirmed it was a 50 year lease where we would pay 50K a year. 

14 minutes ago, Accie1 said:

I doubt it. From memory it was 50k per year. Looking to purchase the stadium for 2.9m.

That actually sounds like an excellent deal! Falkirk currently pay 70k PA just to rent the south stand from Sandy Alexander. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That actually sounds like an excellent deal! Falkirk currently pay 70k PA just to rent the doubt stand from Sandy Alexander. 

When the lease was agreed McGowan was stadium owner and club chairman.

17 minutes ago, Peil said:

image.thumb.png.aeef3f441411eca8c5ef11ace7f55cb4.png

That's still not a 'global internet banking issue' as they claim earlier in the story

If what they're saying is true, wouldn't the same issue have happened in previous months since their takeover? Or has a legacy member stepped down in the last month and taken the bank account details with him? Either way, its negligent and inexcusable from the current board not to have realised this well in advance and ensured a proper transition of the accounts. I assume if they have a CFO or finance director, he's being fired for this? 

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Don't think I've ever seen so many consecutive "popular posts" in the one day. Some achievement

Also must be the 1st time the Accies thread has appeared in 'popular now' on the main forum page.

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

If what they're saying is true, wouldn't the same issue have happened in previous months since their takeover? Or has a legacy member stepped down in the last month and taken the bank account details with him? Either way, its negligent and inexcusable from the current board not to have realised this well in advance and ensured a proper transition of the accounts. I assume if they have a CFO or finance director, he's being fired for this? 

Not sure if we have a financial director to be honest. A lot of people have left the board recently in a clear out. Not sure who replaced them. 

I think whatever happened with the banks yesterday resulted in us not being able to access the accounts as there was no signatory still at the club, if I'm understanding it correctly. 

“Cash from gate receipts” Hamilton have only had two home games in July, 668 and 561 were the attendances. I’m not sure that’s going to be a big pot of money

Edited by Shabba

9 minutes ago, Shabba said:

“Cash from gate receipts” Hamilton have only had two home games in July, 668 and 561 were the attendances. I’m not sure that’s going to be a big pot of money

Waiting for the black and white pound to roll in to town and save the day.