The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

13 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Crowdwanking aside that is an absolutely awful attendance.

It must affect the players playing in front of crowds like that with no atmosphere. E.g. Dylan Tait, 17 games for the Accies, 1 goal. 24 minutes for the Bairns, 1 goal. Helps being surrounded with good players mind.

No way the crowd was half that of the Cove game a few weeks ago but  the official quoted crowd will become the norm as folk are at the end of their tether with Rankin continually making the same mistakes.

Eight points dropped from games we should have won easily: Kelty Hearts,Edinburgh City,Montrose at home and away at Stirling missing a  90th minute penalty would have had us nip and tuck even with this clown in charge.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It must affect the players playing in front of crowds like that with no atmosphere. E.g. Dylan Tait, 17 games for the Accies, 1 goal. 24 minutes for the Bairns, 1 goal. Helps being surrounded with good players mind.

He maybe stands out more at Falkirk as players aren't as good as at the best squad in the division. It also clearly must be Rankins fault 

I know it's the unofficial official twitter but posting an entire article needs the full permission of a copyright holder.

Even if it was obtained a picture of a newspaper on someone's lap is just a weird way to do content. 

image.png.a0851d9135d236b3a93efd77e2c3c3de.png

Based on what we are used to, if that's the worst thing our media guys do this year, it would be fantastic! (I accept your point and agree btw)

We used to complain about how poor the output was. Now we just wish they would stop altogether. Even speaking as someone who admits to not being  great with social media etc. It is mind blowing just how badly our club is at this sort of thing. 

20 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Based on what we are used to, if that's the worst thing our media guys do this year, it would be fantastic! (I accept your point and agree btw)

We used to complain about how poor the output was. Now we just wish they would stop altogether. Even speaking as someone who admits to not being  great with social media etc. It is mind blowing just how badly our club is at this sort of thing. 

I know - just collecting it for the list of sins. 

Asked ChatGPT to make this statement any more outlandish. Was not disappointed. 🤣

Spoiler

In a twist of cosmic proportions, the cosmos-aligned Hamilton Accies' intergalactic wonder-kid, the enigmatic Young Irish-American Centre Half, Josh O'Brien, has ascended to otherworldly negotiations, culminating in an other-dimensional contract with the USL Championship side Indy Eleven. Rumor has it that the deal was brokered during a secret meeting with extraterrestrial beings disguised as Club Director of Football Gerry Strain and representatives to Indy Eleven's Special Assistant to the President (Andy Piggush), who materialized mysteriously in the mystical realm of Lisbon.

The audacious American enterprise, known as the Quantum Quasar Indy Eleven, governed by the eccentric Turkish Billionaire & Real Estate Sorcerer Ersal Ozdemir, reportedly observed Josh O'Brien's ethereal progression since his initiation into the Claudio Ranieri-led Watford cult in the parallel Season 2021/22. Their decision to swoop in for the Accies' celestial Center Back was divinely inspired, according to whispers among the cosmic grapevine.

The emissary of earthly negotiations, Joshua Carabatsakis of the ESG (Extraterrestrial Soccer Guardians) Agency, ecstatically declared, "The inclusion of Josh in our constellation of Professional talent is a quantum leap for the cosmic soccer spectrum. Facilitating his celestial transition to Indy 11 during this interdimensional window is a monumental leap for the metaphysical evolution of Josh's ethereal athleticism. We extend our cosmic gratitude to Gerry Strain for harmonizing the celestial symphony and actualizing this intergalactic transfer."

Josh O'Brien, a temporal voyager in the spacetime continuum, shared, "This cosmic migration back to America wasn't foretold in the scrolls of my Professional Development plan for this earthly rotation, but Indy 11, with their grandiose ambitions, presented a celestial opportunity that required profound contemplation in the astral plane. After consulting with my cosmic kin, Gerry Strain, and the Club's cosmic sage, I decided to embark on this astral journey, bidding adieu to Hamilton for a cosmic reunion in the States.

Despite having a year remaining in my contractual pact with the Accies, this cosmic odyssey will undoubtedly unlock wormholes to unexplored dimensions, forging new paths for personal growth and transcendence within the cosmic game. Regrettably, I won't have the chance to convey gratitude to the earthly denizens of the Club, but I shall telepathically send vibrations of well-wishing and cosmic energy as they strive to manipulate the points matrix and ascend to League victory."

Club Supremo Strain, the earthly guardian of Hamilton Academical FC, somberly murmured from the mortal plane, "I, personally and cosmically, lament the astral departure of Josh from our earthly confines, especially considering his cosmic arrival in August and his potential at such a cosmic infancy. On behalf of Hamilton Academical FC, I project celestial blessings upon his cosmic journey Stateside, acknowledging his earthly Contribution, Professionalism, and Commitment during his ephemeral stint in the earthly sanctuary of Hamilton."

Will say it again can someone at the club please take Gerrys phone off him!!! (Hide his lap top, burn his sim card whatever, just don't let him slaver in public.)

Edited by Beckford

10 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

What is Scottie Struthers up to these days?

In the background shaking his head I expect😂.

I see there are add-ons with this deal,so once young Josh moves from Indy 11 to Ocean’s 12 we will be quids in lol.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

Zannata officially away as well just like O'Brien I'm not really happy with this. Last season I wasn't Zannatas biggest fan at all. However I think he's impressed when he's played this season and I honestly don't think his replacement Hastie is better. A good manager would have gotten more out of Zannata and O'Brien as there both decent players.