The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

15 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

They are like the old Board in that they won’t admit their mistake and as Rankin is part of the clique,his job is safe in the same way Canning,Billy Reid and Rice’s jobs were until they could no longer defend the impossible.

Last four home games have been 1W,2D and 1L and this was against 3 part-time teams with us being in the lead twice in those games.

We will drop more points with him in charge and as I said earlier,I reckon you guys may win by up to 20 points.

Not convinced that your old board are still not involved TBH

5 hours ago, Beckford said:

As a kid I was fascinated and a little confused by Fergie, but always thought he was great. I had no idea what he was saying but knew most of it was swear words lol. As you got older, you would make a point of trying not to stand too close to him as he was relentless and could be a little annoying to be honest but you always said hello as you passed him. We all had a wee soft spot for him though as a cult figure and a total die hard. No mater where I have travelled, if you say you are an Accies fan, most people (of a certain age) will ask about Fergie

As the game was modernised  it was a shame to see him marginalised and think the club should have done more to look after him tbh. The iconic image of him peering through the fence after he was banned was both comic and tragic. The game is definitely poorer for the loss of characters like Fergie in our support. Some of the stories about his antics are worthy of a book!

Our "character" around that era of late 80s early 90s was a "lassie" called Pamela who was foul mouthed & extremely loud but in no way as notorious as fergie...she probably went on to be an actuary or government policy advisor 

Any Accies fan able to come on the Falkirk Daft podcast (or Daft Falkirk podcast as you may know it from Only Accies podcast 😉😂) tomorrow evening to help preview the match in the company of John & I. Drop a DM on here or via X/Twitter. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Never heard of Zombie before but it was Denny High

Maybe that name came after you (certainly in use by 1975 when I started there ) but must be the same man. (McGowan I think)

Edited by Reggie Perrin

33 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Maybe that name came after you (certainly in use by 1975 when I started there ) but must be the same man. (McGowan I think)

Aye, Mr McGowan. He was there in the early seventies, as I was myself.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, Mr McGowan. He was there in the early seventies, as I was myself.

Aye, his name was Ross McGowan. When I was there I am sure that he was on the music staff and I think a Mr. Tait was the head of the music dept.

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Any Accies fan able to come on the Falkirk Daft podcast (or Daft Falkirk podcast as you may know it from Only Accies podcast 😉😂) tomorrow evening to help preview the match in the company of John & I. Drop a DM on here or via X/Twitter. 

Bump 

36 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Joe McGlynn has scored twice for Kelty so far tonight. Is that not a player you could have went for in the window. 

Oh i forgot he is yours

Yep that's one of the many reasons we want Rankin gone. Most of our fans could see McGlynn was a player but because he wasn't one of Rankin's favourites he didn't play. 

10 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yep that's one of the many reasons we want Rankin gone. Most of our fans could see McGlynn was a player but because he wasn't one of Rankin's favourites he didn't play. 

He's taken a couple of games to get up to speed but was excellent tonight. You'll get him back firing on all cylinders at the end of the season for sure by the looks of it.

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

He's taken a couple of games to get up to speed but was excellent tonight. You'll get him back firing on all cylinders at the end of the season for sure by the looks of it.

Again he's not liked by Rankin so unless we have a new manager in by June I don't expect that we'll see McGlynn again which is a shame cause he's a really good player I can only see him scoring more goals for Kelty best of luck to him though and hopefully he continues to make Rankin look like a mug. 

We've really not used outgoing loans to our advantage in recent years, but seeing how well Owens has done since returning hopefully points towards that getting better, especially given they're just dropping down one division or lower down League One. McGlynn looked like a player with potential and a good option off the bench, and it's not a good look for Rankin if he scores at a good rate for Kelty while we replace him with a loanee whose first real involvement was to miss an open goal. 

I'd argue, unless I've made a mistake that Accies aren't currently on target to meet their season target of 80 points.

If Accies continue winning points at the rate they have in the first 23 games for the final 13 games they will finish on 75 points. Falkirk meantime would finish on 91-92 points. Of course form can (and is likely to) change and there is a way to go, but I'd like to know how he's calculated that 80 point target. Especially given Accies have still to play Falkirk twice in their last 13 games, and the average points picked up in the 2 games v Falkirk this season has been only 0.5 points versus the (respectable) season average of 2.09 points per game versus all 9 other teams.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

16 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Bump 

We are in hiding, take the hint.

32 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

but I'd like to know how he's calculated that 80 point target. Especially given Accies have still to play Falkirk twice in their last 13 games, and the average points picked up in the 2 games v Falkirk this season has been only 0.5 points versus the (respectable) season average of 2.09 points per game versus all 9 other teams.

Him and the ‘club supremo’ said Rankin’s target is 20 points a quarter ergo 4x20=80. I believe their basis was what Dunfermline did season don’t really know how that adds up right enough.

They were asked in December if our closest rival continues to out perform their expectations (as Falkirk are clearly doing) then surely Rankins KPI should be increased to which we have been told it would not be.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

48 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Some light reading for yourselves. Rankin going no where. Owner blaming players and the fans. LOL

It's almost as if he's taking pre-2022 Falkirk as a template for running Accies.

I don't it's fair from him to throw the players under the bus when he signed eight of the starting XI and four of the substitutes. Their mantra at the start of the season was that they were giving Rankin a team of his own, so, combined with Zengin also saying that second place isn't good enough and their transfer policy, it's harder to be patient when they seemed to be pushing for promotion at all costs. 

Talking about possession and the number of attacks should have the caveat that we were behind for almost an hour against a side happy to sit in and counter.