Clyde Season 23/24

Four new contracts; one being one who was being let go, another we got rid of on loan and another we released a few seasons back.

Pleased that Cuddihy has returned. Better to have a decent League 1 player for 75% of the games than a Lowland League player for 100%.

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

So can we take it Scullion and Duthie have knocked back deals?

Duthie.. Dylan Easton number 2!

Haven’t heard anything from Scullion. Still waiting to hear from a few others including Cameron, Scullion snd Sula.

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I see Duthie has been announced as leaving. A shame as I would have liked to have seen him when fit but I think it’s fair to say we didn’t get to see the best of him following his return. He’s from Edinburgh so he may pop up at a Spartans/Bonnyrigg etc.

He's a stick on for Spartans or FC Edinburgh imo. I'm sure his Mrs played/worked for Spartans when he was with us, so I can absolutely see him there.

I can understand Sula holding out for a better deal when he sees we can afford a 2 year deal for Peter Grant.  Don’t know the details but that suggests we don’t have any budget concerns.  

If anyone was under any doubt Duffy is signing the players, then Ross Forbes’ arrival will confirm that completely.

It doesn’t feel like the Mortimer/Page/Big Rob Jones signing day yet, but I’m hardly breaking out the bunting here

Ross Forbes was a good player with a cracking left foot. 

As far as I'm aware, he now can't run.

On the plus side, he might score a free kick, which is something we literally never do.

7 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Ross Forbes ffs :lol:

Be prepared to see an incredibly talented footballer who can do things that no other player in the country can do, but who has zero interest in "running", "tracking back", "defending" or "trying". If you can utilise him in a way where he doesn't have to do any of these things, you could have a very useful signing but his role is so niche that it's almost impossible to accommodate him into any modern side. He also gasses after about 50 minutes.

He did score one of the best Stenhousemuir FC goals I've ever seen earlier in the year against Annan Athletic, right enough, so who knows!

1 minute ago, David W said:

On the plus side, he might score a free kick, which is something we literally never do.

No mate, he only scored two free-kicks in his time at Stenny and those were in pre-season friendlies in 2021 against Benburb and Syngenta, two heavyweights of the game.

Everything else was skied over the bar or crashed into the wall.

9 minutes ago, David W said:

He's never been able to run tbf. We had him when he was 18/19 and he couldn't run.

16 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

No mate, he only scored two free-kicks in his time at Stenny and those were in pre-season friendlies in 2021 against Benburb and Syngenta, two heavyweights of the game.

Everything else was skied over the bar or crashed into the wall.

Whilst I cant speak for friendlies, that's still more than Clyde players during competitive matches over the same time period.