Clyde Season 23/24

McLean was given a bad hand with Duffy pulling the strings, but there is zero evidence in the 15 games(with only 1 win) that he has the capability to change things. He’s been given time with his own signings yet still the same shite. 

We are not cut adrift, yet(but the yet is having to work harder every week), get rid now before we are. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

We are not cut adrift, yet(but the yet is having to work harder every week), get rid now before we are. 

This is key. A change has to be made before the cup game and before Elgin play their games in hand. It’s no use going with the tactic of “hoping there’s at least one team worse than us” again. 

There’s no excuses for McLean now. You can see in that squad, there’s enough talent there that a semi-competent manager could push them up to mid-table or just outside the playoffs. Some of the tactical decisions when we’ve been in strong positions have been absolute lunacy.

I just worry that the next step is potting McLean and then having Millar step in as first team coach, which absolutely should not happen under any circumstances. Millar seems like a good coach but I’d rather see a manager come in and have him stay in his current position. 

I’d be very surprised if, even we would be daft enough to go down the route of another inexperienced coach. At least this time unlike With  lazy Duffy appointment of Mclean by Duffy we have some budget.

Not sure who is available and more importantly worth employing, can’t afford to get this wrong. Hopefully this choice of manager (assuming McLean is away) has a certain ex Manager and friend of the club involved in the process and choice. 

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

Pep Guardiola couldn't get a tune out of that shower of shite we've called our squad 

Don’t be daft. With our strongest 11 on the park, we shouldn’t be anywhere near the bottom of the league. Especially considering the state of some of the other clubs squads.

18 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Don’t be daft. With our strongest 11 on the park, we shouldn’t be anywhere near the bottom of the league. Especially considering the state of some of the other clubs squads.

I think you've got a stronger squad than Elgin. Possibly Stranraer and Bonnyrigg maybe, but they have a terrific spirit about them.

Apart from that? I'm really not sure. How many Clyde players would get into the Peterhead, Stenny, Sons or Spartans starting XI for example? Or even East Fife or Forfar.

The right decision and I'd say it was made at about the right time, so fair play. He deserved the opportunity to sign some of his own players and work with them to create something more in his own image, and it looked as though maybe the Forfar and Stenny games could've been a bit of a turning point, but it sounds as though he was a bit lucky to survive the Dumbarton game. As I said after that game, I'd like to think that some kind of feelers have been put out since that game to establish possible successors. We're certainly a more attractive proposition now than when Lennon came in and departed, so hopefully we can get someone decent in.

Slightly surprised they have sacked him just because I don't expect decisive action from our board and losing 3-2 away isn't the worst result. Other than the Dumbarton result, the run hasn't been bad. Maybe they have an idea of who they want in already and that's what has prompted it, but that's maybe giving the board too much credit.

Shame it didn't work out for him because he seems like a nice enough guy, even if he's incredibly dull but ultimately he's had enough games and he's just not tactically good enough.

On to the next victim.