Clyde Season 23/24

2 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

From what I'm hearing it looks like the board are about to make a (rare) good decision. Unsurprisingly and for reasons I outlined earlier, Mick isn't any part of that.

I'm as keen to bash the board as the next man but in the situation we're in we need to look forward not backwards and get decisions right. This is a start but now it's about moving the dross and attracting the right men, with no delay. As bad as things feel and as much as there is a pattern of incompetence we aren't the only team in this league in shambles and you only need look at others who have actually gone down to see how instability at the top can impact things on the park during crucial times.

If the rumour is right, new man in, positive buzz, new players come January (preferably 1st), get safe, get to the end of the season then address the issues at the top. 

This is my next prediction. In 2 weeks time we will be adrift at the bottom of the league and gods knows what manager will accept this poison chalice of a job. We will get knocked out the Scottish cup and the good people in this chat will continue with the correct advice which will fall on deaf ears. The board need to be removed now to save the club.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Plenty of time / running out of time.

Make up your mind, FFS.

Plenty of time until the end of the season, not long left if we're going to give the new man sufficient time to look at the squad before the Jan window so we can make the bulk of movements at the start of rather than during the month. I hope now I've spelt this out very basically for your simple little brain that your understanding has improved. All the best!

4 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

If true, you have dodged a bullet. Just need to accept your Club has been used to boost his ego again.

Kennedy would use anything to boost his imagine and ego, but he’s obviously got someone in the media doing it for him as well. 

Hope we have avoided and that an appointment is near. 

25 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Quite funny that some people pretending to be in the know are saying Kennedy was never in the mix and other people pretending to be in the know are saying he was offered the job and turned it down.

No one revealing their sources.

Weird that. 

In fairness, actual journalists do exactly that. 

For what it's worth, I must have the same (undefined) source as Wee man the jackass. Fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Quite funny that some people pretending to be in the know are saying Kennedy was never in the mix and other people pretending to be in the know are saying he was offered the job and turned it down.

No one revealing their sources.

Weird that. 

I have no source but was 100% certain even if he was offered it he wouldn't take it. As much as his ego is massive even he will surely know he's a chequebook manager and it's something he couldn't do at Clyde. He'd have been officially* found out after a month or so. 

* Only a complete moron thinks he's anything other than that. But for some bizarre reason there seems to be some of those folk out there.