Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

5 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Anyone make it to the dinner last night, looked a cracking night from little bits i've seen.

It was a brilliant night. Credit and thank you to Gordon, Iain and everyone on the committee who had a hand in organising it. Was a tremendous time in good company with a good few of the first team (and Brian McPhee) also there. Particular highlights were @CapitalDiamond's poetic turn on the cup journey. Poignant, lyrical and captured the spirit of the cup win well. The programme, put together by John Henderson and Gordon Thompson, is a brilliant read. A real gem which again encapsulated the history of our greatest diamonds. Was a privilege getting to see Jimmy Howieson's medal, watch and the miniature Scottish Cup given to the players. Again, a nice touch. Great job by Stuart Mathie with the 1924 team and Hall of Fame montages and Robert and Stuart did an expert job with the photography @AirdrieFanTV as always. McCabe's interview was enjoyable. Loved when he spoke about wanting to attract younger fans to Airdrie rather than 'Celtic or Rangers' with the style of football that we play. I think he's doing a good job! 

Already gushed about Gal previously, but Callum Fordyce is another deserving Hall of Famer. We all said Gal has been essential to the club's rise. But the one player on the park who's contribution to our current position is most vital is almost definitely Fordyce. When Gal's induction was announced there were comparisons made to Gal with other strikers who have played for us in the 'modern era'. I don't think there's a centre-half who comes close to how brilliant, driving and essential Fordyce has been in the last 22 years. I believe he'll make his 200th Airdrie appearance soon. Here's to the next 200. Should say that the whole team were brand new and more than happy to chat, take photos or banter about ruining Morton's season in ATS's case ;) 

Johnathan Watson could have written some new jokes mind you, but he hasn't for 25 years so why do it now? 

A fantastic evening celebrating the greatest Airdrieonians. I won't see the next centenary dinner. But I'll hopefully see McCabe lead us to our next Scottish Cup. 

2 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

As I said I hope we take him

Why would you think he would want to come to your clusterfuck of a club? 

5 managerial changes since 2020 hardly suggests continuity. 

Whereas he has been given time and more importantly trust at Airdrie to implement his vision. Would he get that time with you guys? Recent history suggests no. 

As much as you could pay him more I get the impression that's not the be all and end all for him at this point in his managerial career. 

17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Why would you think he would want to come to your clusterfuck of a club? 

5 managerial changes since 2020 hardly suggests continuity. 

Whereas he has been given time and more importantly trust at Airdrie to implement his vision. Would he get that time with you guys? Recent history suggests no. 

As much as you could pay him more I get the impression that's not the be all and end all for him at this point in his managerial career. 

dont kid yourself on, if he gets an offer from a club the size of ours he will be off. Even a Falkirk or a Dunfermline

16 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

dont kid yourself on, if he gets an offer from a club the size of ours he will be off. Even a Falkirk or a Dunfermline

Not about kidding myself on. I know he will move on eventually, I just don't think he's in a rush to do so. 

34 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Not about kidding myself on. I know he will move on eventually, I just don't think he's in a rush to do so. 

he knows his stock is quite high just now, next season the team could finish 8th or even relegated (you never know with injuries) and then his chance is gone.

It will all depend on who or if someone comes in for him but he would go

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Me waiting for Jonathan Watson to say a new joke. 

IMG_5160.jpeg

That would be my face if he didn't do his Chick Young impression.

5 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

what the f**k are you talking about

Ok I'll bite. Your "compliment" was that Airdrie fans came on the pitch to indulge in a punch up with wee neds. No sentient adult human finds anything positive or complimentary around that. All of this makes you seem a moron. Your contributions to this forum make you seem like a moron. Your other contributions on this thread make you seem like a moron. 

You know the walks like a duck analogy. Applies with this too...

3 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

See if you are going to troll then at least give something decent bait. This is poor 

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

See if you are going to troll then at least give something decent bait. This is poor 

which part isnt true like ?   all 3 clubs are a big step up in terms of support and budget

4 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

I tend to agree a Dunfermline come calling and Rhys will be away,  there will be a time when he has taken Airdrie as far as he can,   arguably that time could be now......  4th place, in the Premiership playoffs is that our limit with our limited fanbase and revenue streams off the back of it....  Probably.....