Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

3 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

He’s more of a sub type of player had three chances he absolutely wasted should be O’Connor in there anywyas if not it will be a long season 

Not being funny but O’Connor couldn’t beat a man when he came on, was just as bad as mcgregor 

6 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Not being funny but O’Connor couldn’t beat a man when he came on, was just as bad as mcgregor 

Can we chill out man 🤣 They’re both 19 I’m sure they’ll get better as the season goes on. 

Gabby also couldn’t seem to do anything today, was just one of those games.

13 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Can we chill out man 🤣 They’re both 19 I’m sure they’ll get better as the season goes on. 

Yeah I know I’m chilled just surprised people giving them praise a thought both Dumbarton full backs dealt with our wingers really well. Couldn’t believe mcgregor got motm despite his goal.

On 14/07/2023 at 21:33, Rossm25 said:

"Kept completely in the dark"

The club isn't the CIA man , like I said just ask. I'll ask , and let ya know. 

We seem to parkour from "clubs deliberately not recruiting players" to "Strips!!!! why don't we have strips this is tin pot" and now on to "season tickets numbers" 

See if folk honestly think it's that bad,  don't give them money , don't go. This is the best the club has been run both on and off the pitch in a long time , we are In the championship,  we are starting the season with a decent squad that yes needs strengthened but we are starting from a good base. If all this comes at the cost of not being told the season ticket numbers then who cares. 

Folk are allowed to vent especially when we ARE kept in the dark about season ticket sales, strips etc…

The whole point about “don’t give them money, don’t go” is a very real possibility. It’s not the fan’s responsibility to get themselves up for parting with their cash and time, it’s the club’s. They are the ones who need to encourage fans to come along and spend their money and they just don’t. 

I’d agree that this is the best the club has been run on the park but you can’t seriously say it’s the same off the park? 

Surprise surprise, the one championship-level signings scores. 

Hope you all saw the absolute inability for this team to progress if not even survive in the championship this season.

Too many happy clappers thinking that this current squad will be okay. At least 2x defenders and 2x centre mids required to survive the championship.

Gallagher absolutely miles off it against a league 2 team. Usual? Yes…

2 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

On today's performance them and Dycey would struggle in League 1.

I've no doubt that the management are well aware of the issues and doing what they can to resolve it, and hopefully before the league campaign begins.

Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

10 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Surprise surprise, the one championship-level signings scores. 

Hope you all saw the absolute inability for this team to progress if not even survive in the championship this season.

Too many happy clappers thinking that this current squad will be okay. At least 2x defenders and 2x centre mids required to survive the championship.

Gallagher absolutely miles off it against a league 2 team. Usual? Yes…

Not sure I'm that pessimistic but aye it's clear we need to strengthen both defensively and in the middle of the park. I get that McMaster is still young but there's no chance we can go into the league campaign with him charging around the midfield.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

On a day where multiple better teams than Airdrie dropped points and had embarrassing results against teams worse than Dumbarton, I’m struggling to see why anyone would get that annoyed by a 2-0 home win.

100% this, granted we weren’t great today, but does this performance automatically make me think that’s us going to get relegated? Absolutely not, dundee utd beat off a league 2 team, ayr, thistle, qp all drawing against teams below them. Still plenty time for signings, I’m pretty sure the management team know where we need strengthened.

Good for the football to return and the diamonds getting a decent start in tis cup section,   probably more luck than judgement though,  game had a very pre season feel to it,  we tapped that ball about like a training session,  we should have been a couple up by half time,  Dumbarton caused us some problems, but there finishing was woeful, would have been interesting if they scored first,  we seemed to have plenty gears to go up if it was needed and the subs made a difference,  Todorov looks decent, good pace as well for a big guy , 

Midfielders all look pretty similar,  McMaster struggled played too deep as did the defence most of the game, Aiken neat and tidy ,    we missed McCabe in the middle, expect him to start against Dundee,  IMO he must play,  will be interesting the first game of the season at Dunfermline when all four of our management team/coaches could easily start the game....

And for what it's worth that Dumbarton strip is a cracker..

I'm really starting to dislike some of the negatvity that's being posted on here recently.

If you take some of the results that happened today (Dundee United, St Mirren, Montrose, Thistle etc) then ours wasn't embarrassing at all, a 2-0 win against Dumbarton is perfectly reasonable.

The situation regarding signings has been explained numerous times on here already so I'm not going to repeat myself again.

The way some people are going on it's as if we'd just been relegated not promoted. 

To put things into perspective we are currently in mid July, we will have made a few more signings going into August and into the league campaign, there's plenty of time left.

Some folk genuinely need to chill out, when there's genuine stuff to criticise I absolutely understand, but I find it ridiculous to get your knickers in a twist over a 2-0 win against Dumbarton in a glorified pre season friendly.

I don't normally red dot on here but that post from @Diamond1924 is probably the worst post I've read on here from an Airdrie fan.

Edited by David Fernández

8 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

The team have to do the best they can,in reality not many of our players last season would have got a game for a championship side,they at least should be given time to show one way or another if they are good enough or not ,they have earned the right,will get a better idea on Sat against Dundee,

9 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Being 19 is not an excuse. Yes there's probably improvement to come but unfortunately we need a starting 11 that are "oven" ready.