US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As a military puppet of the USA following the outbreak of the Israel Hamas war on October 2023 the United Kingdom has provided Israel with extensive military and diplomatic support.

Ironic really when you consider the UK governments Palestine responsibility in 1920 and then allowed 200,000 Jews to settle there. 

Yes, when it comes to support for the Israeli expansionist war of terror on the people of Palestine and Lebanon, there's no difference between Labour and Conservative either. 

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Unfortunately Trump is going to win.

Senile Biden should have resigned six months ago and handed the Presidency to Harris so that she could prove herself.

She wouldn't have proven herself though. She's a poor candidate and a poor leader. She's Hillary 2.0.

Resigning earlier might have allowed a better candidate to emerge, someone who could win the Midwest. 

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

She wouldn't have proven herself though. She's a poor candidate and a poor leader. She's Hillary 2.0.

Resigning earlier might have allowed a better candidate to emerge, someone who could win the Midwest. 

Josh Shapiro would probably have won, who's even more pro Israel.

1 hour ago, bigmarv said:

Which of the two candidates/parties  is more likely to help end this “genocide” in a manner that has the Palestinian people’s interests in mind? 

It's pretty obviously neither of them.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

This c**t is clearly some sort of Israel defender and genocide denier. It's not worth the energy replying to him.

Thats not very nice. Is that stuff allowed on this forum? 

I have linked you a definition of the term “genocide” below. 

Netanyahu is a nasty piece of work, a corrupt b*****d that should be in jail. Israel (under his rule) is being far too heavy handed for my liking, a disgrace actually. However, Israel is not engaged in a genocide, they are engaged in a heavy handed response to brutal terrorism. 

The stated goal of both Hamas and Hezbollah is a genocide of jews in Israel: 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/genocide

It's not just Israel with Biden.

Even the New York Times has long raised eyebrows at Biden's treatment of Cuba. Back in 2021, "...the president has been tougher than Trump on the island's government". 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/09/world/americas/cuba-government-biden-pressure.html

There's this. ("Graham" is Lindsey Graham).

Regardless of the veracity of that conversation, that is the policy Biden has pursued, he has tried to arrange a one-way security pact with Saudi.

Not that we lacked foreknowledge of Biden's predilections. He was chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee during the Bush presidency and he argued as hard for the 2003 Iraq invasion as any Republican did at the time. 

The Biden presidency has been a revolting quagmire of immense human suffering. It has also given licence to US liberals to become callous racists in a way they couldn't have done had all this instead been happening under Trump. Eg.

But anyway, the great news is that Biden isn't running in this election. Then the good news is that most Americans don't notice their government's actions upon foreign peoples. Therefore, Biden's follies probably won't put too many voters off Harris. 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Senile Biden should have resigned six months ago and handed the Presidency to Harris so that she could prove herself.

He should have been overruled Apr 23 when said was going for another term and proper process followed for the 2024 candidate 

Edited by Binos

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm actually quietly confident Harris will win so much so that those 6/4 odds look pretty attractive.
Whatever happens though Trump will still claim victory in the early hours of the morning prior to the big cities of the swing states declaring, then probably use the current betting odds to show how the election must have "again" been stolen.

Hope for 2025, Trump in jail and Musk facing trial.

10 minutes ago, Caro-Kann said:

I'm actually quietly confident Harris will win so much so that those 6/4 odds look pretty attractive.
Whatever happens though Trump will still claim victory in the early hours of the morning prior to the big cities of the swing states declaring, then probably use the current betting odds to show how the election must have "again" been stolen.

Hope for 2025, Trump in jail and Musk facing trial.

Yes the outsider odds are always attractive but like many others I've lost backing them.

All major Bookies have Trump odds on to win unfortunately.

39 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You could put a cigarette paper between the two candidates when it comes to Israel.

Or between any Democratic candidate and any Republican candidate in recent history.

Or any British pm

21 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yes the outsider odds are always attractive but like many others I've lost backing them.

All major Bookies have Trump odds on to win unfortunately.

What is interesting is that Allan Lichtman who was one of the few to forecast a Trump win in 2016 and has called 9 of the past 10 presidential elections correctly, says Harris will win. The one he got wrong was Gore v Bush, but given the disproportionate amount of ethnic minorities votes that were discarded it could be argued that Gore actually won.

Also I remember film maker Michael Moore getting stick for saying Trump would win in 2016 and he believes Harris will win.

8 minutes ago, Caro-Kann said:

What is interesting is that Allan Lichtman who was one of the few to forecast a Trump win in 2016 and has called 9 of the past 10 presidential elections correctly, says Harris will win. The one he got wrong was Gore v Bush, but given the disproportionate amount of ethnic minorities votes that were discarded it could be argued that Gore actually won.

Also I remember film maker Michael Moore getting stick for saying Trump would win in 2016 and he believes Harris will win.

The two you mention, unlike the bookies, do not make a living, and enormous profits, from placing odds.

I wish it were otherwise, believe me.

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The two you mention, unlike the bookies, do not make a living, and enormous profits, from placing odds.

I wish it were otherwise, believe me.

Bookies don't just make money from accurately predicting events. They make money from attracting customers and limiting exposure, and their odds fall as money gets placed on one thing. Dumb money drives betting markets, which is how quite a few of us here made a killing off Republicans in 2020. 

I would pay no attention to bookies at all and watch polls instead.