The Spartans FC

19 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Need a thread in the SPFL forums now to go with the start of a new chapter in their history.

How will Spartans do this first season and further?

I expect them to be a steady additional to League 2. Consolidation will be the aim for a couple of years I'd imagine. 

I thought they looked absolutely garbage in the playoff games. A real Bonnyrigg 2.0 but without the Crazy Gang vibe Rose seem to have.

Fair play though. The early business has been very impressive, far moreso than anything Bonnyrigg did last summer.

Spartans were B Team sympathisers, weren't they? 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I thought they looked absolutely garbage in the playoff games. A real Bonnyrigg 2.0 but without the Crazy Gang vibe Rose seem to have.

Fair play though. The early business has been very impressive, far moreso than anything Bonnyrigg did last summer.

Spartans were B Team sympathisers, weren't they? 

Well the play-off was always going to be very nervy.

I am totally against any b teams in the pyramid and think they should be banned from the pyramid straight away, however i can see Spartans must be ruthless here from the start.Letting that b team use Ainslie will let them look at how every lowland league player performs at their home(potential signings), while also raking benefits from the rental agreement.That's what i like to think anyway and i'll stick to it.

Edited by Sparticus

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Yes, they know exactly how the support feels, and it was long before the five fucking postponements of last season.

Well they clearly treat you like chumps and don’t care what the fans think, particularly when they have entered into another sharing arrangement with a dubious bunch.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I did actually. Cowdenbeath can f**k off as well. 

See above response to the other boy, seems they pay a lot of attention to the fans. 😉 As for your opinion of Cowden, who the f*** cares. 🤷

Anyway, don’t wish to banter on another club’s thread. Good luck to Spartans, they are a good community club in Edinburgh, I wish them well.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Spamtins please. Been calling them that since the East of Scotland days. 

Apparently they've got an American investor behind them so may do quite well. 

Anyway get it up all the L2 folk who moaned about Ainslie Park and now have to go back again and in time suffer New Meadowbank as well

3 hours ago, guinness said:

I'm assuming they voted for B team's because Heart's play there?

only in 1st yr voted against yr 2. voted to increase relegation

hearts b tenants at ainslie academy same as spartans lothian are an edinburgh city were 

Edited by Tartan Spartans