The Spartans FC

On 21/02/2024 at 20:56, Sparticus said:

Marc McNulty signs for Spartans.

Could be a very good move

A real family signing that one ;)

On 21/02/2024 at 22:14, Beachcomber said:

Who is the money man/ woman at Spartans ? 

To be fair they've always had decent funding. They were the tories of the EoSFL :lol: 

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Lot of money pumped in when the professional club was separated from the community club three years ago.

I never knew that. I always thought they had a bit money about them. Obviously a lot more now. 

We have not separated from the community club, they have always had an arms-length relationship. We did change the football side from being a members club and we raised money by issuing shares. Some shares went to America but most stayed here. We will need to issue more if we want to progress. 

The community side gets its income from fund-raising, grants and income from renting the facility. 

2 hours ago, Hoofhearted said:

We have not separated from the community club, they have always had an arms-length relationship. We did change the football side from being a members club and we raised money by issuing shares. Some shares went to America but most stayed here. We will need to issue more if we want to progress. 

The community side gets its income from fund-raising, grants and income from renting the facility. 

Edinburgh City council own Ainslie Park ?

On 24/02/2024 at 08:57, newcastle broon said:

A real family signing that one ;)

To be fair they've always had decent funding. They were the tories of the EoSFL :lol: 

Whitehill weren't short of a bob or two back in the day either. 

At least Edinburgh City have gone back to their roots - being as poor as an Albanian Church mouse. 

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Whitehill weren't short of a bob or two back in the day either. 

At least Edinburgh City have gone back to their roots - being as poor as an Albanian Church mouse. 

Aye when t mines around the village were used for open cast was good sponsorship to be had.. Nowt lasts forever though. :bairn

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Making my first trip to Spartans, since a Scottish cup tie at the old City Park about 30 years ago.

Is there a cash turnstile Ainslie Park? 

Also, am I correct in saying my 9 year old son is free entry?

Was there a few weeks back, you could pay cash or contactless at the gate. My lad is 10 and was free entry so should be all good.