The Spartans FC

On 04/08/2023 at 09:21, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Spartans getting into the league has really got this thread buzzing.

I always found it amusing that when you moved to Cumbernauld you were nearer the Forth than the Clyde.

Clyde lucky to get a point in the end today.Clyde trending downward.

Edited by Sparticus

On 01/08/2023 at 22:29, edinabear said:

Great result for Rangers B. Really does open up the debate for B teams to join the pyramid

6 Mins of added time today v Killie?, Really opens up the debate of corruption in Scottish football  🙄 

18 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

6 Mins of added time today v Killie?, Really opens up the debate of corruption in Scottish football  🙄 

5 minutes and 20 seconds in the Spartans v Clyde game, a match with barely a stoppage. The referee had a good game as well. Get used to it until they see sense.

Hadn't realised it was 5 minutes, I thought my watch was fast!

The trend seems to have slipped into the East of Scotland League too as I was at Stirling Uni v Colts the other week and there was a lot of injury time in that one 

• 2 weeks later...

First SPFL three points for Spartans today.

A good game despite very windy conditions.

Spartans coped better and a good spell after the break broke Elgin down.

First goal looked tight to offside but what do i know. The linesman was in a better position than me.

Deserved win in the end anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Sore ending today for Spartans.

Couldnt break down Stenny with 10 men and the match was pretty even right through to be honest.

You could almost see the winner coming with the free kick.Well done to Stenny

This is football and all in all it’s still been a satisfactory start to the season for Spartans.

Onwards

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ian44wood said:

Where's the best place to park near the ground.

There is is a reasonably sized car park at the ground shared with the leisure centre, you may get in there.

Some on street parking outside, but I have parked a few times at Morrisons on Ferry Road a couple of minutes walk away without issues.  There are signs saying 3 hour parking limit, so should be fine, they have a really large car park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Posted this in the View from the Terrace thread on the latest episode, which featured a segment on the Spartans Ultras, and thought I’d just copy it in here. Your Club and community looks to have some special people involved.

Fantastic piece on the Spartans ultras. The Youth Work manager is doing an incredible job to promote the young lads to get so involved, not only in the match day experience but to have such an active role in the Club and in the community will have an unmeasurably positive influence on the young people and the wider community.

It was great to see the young lads involved in the filming as well, talking about what they do and the sense of purpose it brings them. It would be easy, and I’m probably somewhat guilty of this myself at times, to view these lads as ‘wannabes’ who might be getting themselves involved in not-so-pro-social activities outwith, but to hear their motivation for moving away from that kind of lifestyle whilst still having the ‘casuals’ vibe is heartwarming and inspirational.

Quite emotional typing that actually, well done all involved. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Spartans fans- Been a couple murmurs on the qp forum that we might be signing Rhys Armstrong from yourselves ? Based on absolute nothing than a random post from someone but would be curious to know how you’d feel he’d cope with the step up if true?