Elgin City 23-24

If Golding is out for the rest of the season we will struggle to create chances. We need to get one more win but it will not be easy without him. Hope the manager plays Macleman who proved earlier in the season he could score goals. Tough game against the Spartans this week. Hope Clyde draw and Bonnyrigg lose which will give us a cushion. Still think the last home game against Clyde may be crucial.

3 hours ago, elginer said:

If Golding is out for the rest of the season we will struggle to create chances. We need to get one more win but it will not be easy without him. Hope the manager plays Macleman who proved earlier in the season he could score goals. Tough game against the Spartans this week. Hope Clyde draw and Bonnyrigg lose which will give us a cushion. Still think the last home game against Clyde may be crucial.

I was speaking to my brother the other night, and he's fairly optimistic about City's future, providing they can stay up this season.

One win needed, and like you I think it might come down to the Clyde game.

Nervy times!

44 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was speaking to my brother the other night

Aye, ye canny beat a good night out at the Elgin seance faither, who else were you speaking to, Jimmy Shand & Old Tom Morris.....? 😉

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was speaking to my brother the other night, and he's fairly optimistic about City's future, providing they can stay up this season.

One win needed, and like you I think it might come down to the Clyde game.

Nervy times!

I think use will be safe no matter what, as I don’t fancy all 3 of the bottom teams hitting the 36pt mark. Best of luck for the nervy end of the season, fair play to your new gaffer Hale he has turned you guys into a competent L2 team.

13 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I think use will be safe no matter what, as I don’t fancy all 3 of the bottom teams hitting the 36pt mark. Best of luck for the nervy end of the season, fair play to your new gaffer Hale he has turned you guys into a competent L2 team.

I think todays game will go a long way to deciding how nervy it is. Elgin are down to the bare bones with injuries. If Spartans win today i could see it being a very tense run in.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like him. He definitely has something about him although difficult to pigeon hole him to his best position. He is still lightweight and would think he would benefit from another season on loan somewhere particularly if ICT stay in the Championship.

I rate him too though I know some fans aren't that keen. Despite looking like a child he's not afraid to get stuck in and once he presumably grows a few inches and fills out a bit he'll compete really well with most opponents. Technically he's pretty good too.

The Tour visited Borough Briggs for Elgin's game back in February against East Fife.

We spoke with club officials and had Allan Hale on our podcast eventually.

It is a trip The Tour loved a lot and wondered if Elgin fans agree or disagree with the thoughts and opinions The Tour generated form their visit.

Please read and share your opinions. 

https://thetour.substack.com/p/elgin-city-fc-matchday-programme?r=32c3iq)

On 15/04/2024 at 13:19, The Tour Podcast said:

The Tour visited Borough Briggs for Elgin's game back in February against East Fife.

We spoke with club officials and had Allan Hale on our podcast eventually.

It is a trip The Tour loved a lot and wondered if Elgin fans agree or disagree with the thoughts and opinions The Tour generated form their visit.

Please read and share your opinions. 

https://thetour.substack.com/p/elgin-city-fc-matchday-programme?r=32c3iq)

Read it all and a great read also my pie favourite at the pie shop has to be the macaroni pie also with a wee bit of tomato sauce on top it may be controversial for some but always a favourite of mine when i nip along to borough briggs

Big sigh of relief getting over the line on Saturday. I said on here under Price and then the appointment of Smith that we were 100% going down. Fair play to the new management team. Pretty much every new signing has added something. My only worry for next season would be the handful of players  we have on loan. I don't think we would get any of them back full time so could be a bit of a rebuild needed again but Hale seems to be the type of guy that will be on the ball with regards to recruitment. A freshen up in the boardroom and in the dug out has been badly needed for 2/3 seasons and hopefully we can kick on now we have both!

Hale said in his after match interview that the budget will be tight next year. I wondered at the time, if the purse strings were loosened to allow the loan signings of Golding and Gallagher to get us out of the hole we were in and now they have to be tightened because of this. Fingers crossed there is enough budget to back Hale.

I heard a rumour Dolzanski was joining East Fife as the travelling had become too much so that's great news that he's re-signed. I'd be tempted to say he's been our best player in the second half of the season.

7 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Where do Elgin train? 

Usually at the gleaner arena on lesser borugh briggs but its usually just our north based players and it use to be occasionally Aviemore to any south based players i assume train with clubs local to them it might have all changed now but thats when Gavin Price was manager 

On 25/04/2024 at 20:40, cityloon said:

Usually at the gleaner arena on lesser borugh briggs but its usually just our north based players and it use to be occasionally Aviemore to any south based players i assume train with clubs local to them it might have all changed now but thats when Gavin Price was manager 

Everyone trains at the Gleaner twice a week now with the exception of Jake Dozlanski who is just a Thursday night, Jones & Mitch Taylor do not train in Elgin at all. I would imagine they might move on in the summer. 

Posted (edited)

Tbh, if I had been a Stranraer fan watching that I'd be raging at Elgin.  

You could see that Elgin tried much more in the second half, but it was clear they weren't too fussed overall, imo.

ETA: not saying they didn't try at all, but I strongly suspect that wasn't even an 80% effort job.

Edited by Hedgecutter

21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tbh, if I had been a Stranraer fan watching that I'd be raging at Elgin.  

You could see that Elgin tried much more in the second half, but it was clear they weren't too fussed overall, imo.

ETA: not saying they didn't try at all, but I strongly suspect that wasn't quite a 100% effort job.

Can’t argue with any of that tbh. However if you leave it to the last game needing other teams to do you a favour - it’s more on you than anyone else. Sure Clyde would have been raging with Stenny being on the beach if results had gone against them too.