Dumbarton v Kelty Hearts
University of Stirling v Airdrieonians
Greenock Morton v Elgin City
Dundee United v Dunfermline Athletic
Arbroath v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Partick Thistle v Queen of the South
Ayr United v Falkirk

Ties are due to be played on the weekend of September 9/10

About the most boring draw for a Montrose fan, team in the same league and quite a boring away day anyway. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

About the most boring draw for a Montrose fan, team in the same league and quite a boring away day anyway. 

Purely from a selfish/tight arsed point of view (can't make the October league game, diddy cup usually cheaper to get in, £0 petrol if it's not pissing down), it landed quite nicely for me. But yes, can see why it is quite tedium, I always want Elgin away and never get it.

56 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Catching up on this topic and at least it's a visit to wherever the University guys play-I assume Forthbank - and will need to be treated seriously as I've never seen us play them

Had it been a B team, like many others, I'd have opted out. 

Just to confirm Stirling uni play at forthbank

So it's Firhill for thrills yet again then, for the "long awaited" re-match of the 2013 Diddy Cup Final.  Whilst (I think) the suave sophisticate that is Aaron Muirhead esq may still be plying his (ahem) "trade" in Maryhill, his oppo in that epic forehead duel (the sublime Chris Higgins) has sadly long since hung up his boots.  Never mind.  Bound to be all-ticket this one and carried by most of the major national TV networks, aye ...?

I'm going to concede that the B Teams involvement in this competition should end this season. And it be replaced by a proper B team League where they play a number of matches against each other & an added clause of matches vs sides knocked out of Scottish Cup early rounds in friendly/training matches. 

Get the Challenge Cup back to what it was 

30 clubs and the Highland/Lowland league champions. I personally want the League Cup back to a knock out format but for League Clubs only. Have the 1st round as 2 legs so that the "Lesser" Clubs will have another fixture. 

I'm an advocate of a B Team format but this needs to work ALONGSIDE the existing format and more partnerships can happen between B Sides and Lower league clubs for loan players and first options etc. Scotland is improving but it needs to do a bit more with youth. Playing in early rounds of the Challenge Cup in front of a few 100 isn't that type of development it needs. 

Over and out. I've got it wrong about the Challenge Cup 

Anyone know if the Accies bus proposed by the club has had much interest? Looks a decent deal / gesture by the club but not sure how well its been advertised.

Gutted to be missing out, two buses is a fair turnout for us. Should be a great trip

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2023 at 12:09, mrman2011 said:

I'm going to concede that the B Teams involvement in this competition should end this season. And it be replaced by a proper B team League where they play a number of matches against each other & an added clause of matches vs sides knocked out of Scottish Cup early rounds in friendly/training matches. 

Get the Challenge Cup back to what it was 

30 clubs and the Highland/Lowland league champions. I personally want the League Cup back to a knock out format but for League Clubs only. Have the 1st round as 2 legs so that the "Lesser" Clubs will have another fixture. 

I'm an advocate of a B Team format but this needs to work ALONGSIDE the existing format and more partnerships can happen between B Sides and Lower league clubs for loan players and first options etc. Scotland is improving but it needs to do a bit more with youth. Playing in early rounds of the Challenge Cup in front of a few 100 isn't that type of development it needs. 

Over and out. I've got it wrong about the Challenge Cup 

Fair play.

28 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

So us Rovers fans have to get up early on a Saturday morning!

Not as early as some of us as our bus leaves at 4am lol.

I know around 50 folk flying over plus 2 buses plus Xamount of folk I don't know, so will be a decent Accies away support.