Third Division 23/24

10 minutes ago, BAFCyellowandblack said:

😂😂 a will happily take any bet you want that the full Bellshill management team will still be in place next season regardless of promotion or not if you knew as much as you claim to do about Bellshill you would know that Rab has been involved with the team all season in training ect and was only brought onto the bench with the rest of the management team for a few games as one of the co managers was serving a 3 game touch line ban 

Ok bet took. If Bellshill don’t go up they should do the honourable thing and walk. Still made both look stupid or maybe it’s who runs your Facebook isn’t the brightest.  😆 

20 hours ago, TM1947 said:

Ok bet took. If Bellshill don’t go up they should do the honourable thing and walk. Still made both look stupid or maybe it’s who runs your Facebook isn’t the brightest.  😆 

Hardly made them look stupid any club at this level that had someone with Rabs experience And knowledge of the game willing to come in and help out would be mad not to use it as for the Facebook I think you will find we have one of the best social media output and content in the west of Scotland see you soon to collect on that bet 👀👀

On 27/03/2024 at 16:31, BAFCyellowandblack said:

Hardly made them look stupid any club at this level that had someone with Rabs experience And knowledge of the game willing to come in and help out would be mad not to use it as for the Facebook I think you will find we have one of the best social media output and content in the west of Scotland see you soon to collect on that bet 👀👀

Yes your social media is good to be fair. I’m not disputing Rab helped the management team out when they were struggling to get results. I don’t think joint managers work long term, and isn’t working well at Bellshill now the cracks starting to appear. 

22 hours ago, TM1947 said:

Yes your social media is good to be fair. I’m not disputing Rab helped the management team out when they were struggling to get results. I don’t think joint managers work long term, and isn’t working well at Bellshill now the cracks starting to appear. 

Still one of the promotion favourites so something is working.

On 28/03/2024 at 17:16, TM1947 said:

Rab has been there all season this hasn’t been a knee jerk reaction because we had a couple of bad results as for the co managers Neely and dean are on the same page interms of how the want to play football and how they want to set the team up and both have a great knowledge of playing the game at junior level but it is for both there first step into the management side of the game and to have Rab available and more than happy to help them out is invaluable for them and Burnsy. To suggest it’s not working and cracks are appearing when we sit in the promotion places with games in hand over most teams and have been to back to back Scottish cup quarters is a horrendous take from you in my opinion 🟡⚫🟡⚫

Edited by BAFCyellowandblack
Spelling

The way it’s seems to me is the team was struggling and brought Rab into fix it because the co mangers lost their way and struggling for results. Anybody reading the Facebook statue would interpret it as that? It’s clearly not working just mentioned cracks starting to appear as they needed someone else in to help out. Yes sitting in good position but run away leaders for so long in the season. My bet is one of the management team isn’t pulling their weight and will get pushed at end of the season. Talking to my friend Rab is running the show.

1 hour ago, TM1947 said:

The way it’s seems to me is the team was struggling and brought Rab into fix it because the co mangers lost their way and struggling for results. Anybody reading the Facebook statue would interpret it as that? It’s clearly not working just mentioned cracks starting to appear as they needed someone else in to help out. Yes sitting in good position but run away leaders for so long in the season. My bet is one of the management team isn’t pulling their weight and will get pushed at end of the season. Talking to my friend Rab is running the show.

You are determined that Bellshill are in trouble! Tbf they've been amazing over the last few seasons getting things sorted and it has started to show on the park now. Their socal media has been one of the best recently too, I think you have just read into this a little bit too much.

It's tier 7, having an experienced person around the team to help the coaches isn't anything for anyone at the club to be ashamed of

Lanark 2 Glasgow Utd 0

Straightforward win for Lanark. Scrappy first half but went in 1 up , scoring on 43 mins.

Nice turn and shot from outside the box by Gracie sealed the points.

Visitors have deteriorated considerably since they turned us over at their place last August.  Only 2 players, plus one who was injured today, remain from our team that evening.

Results today takes us to the top of the league for the first time in a few seasons

Edited by bc57

Very impressed with Lanark defensively, they marshalled Goodwillie and scored when needed.

Good luck for the rest of the season, a nice little set up.

On 30/03/2024 at 09:38, Spyro said:

You are determined that Bellshill are in trouble! Tbf they've been amazing over the last few seasons getting things sorted and it has started to show on the park now. Their socal media has been one of the best recently too, I think you have just read into this a little bit too much.

It's tier 7, having an experienced person around the team to help the coaches isn't anything for anyone at the club to be ashamed of

The work done at the club has been superb the last couple of years. The way the community are getting behind the club is great to see. I just thought it was a bit strange announcement regarding Rab situation that was all. PS going to be a cracker against the Gow next week. That’s another defeat for uses.

Thoughts on promotion. We have a difficult away game at Threave on Tuesday night I would take a draw just now and then beat Bellshill. Vale of Leven have the points in the bag always a good thing. Finnart must win the next 4 to have a chance. Lanark I think they will win it. Threave to many difficult away games. 

My prediction 

Lanark 

Vale of Leven 

Finnart or Gow 

Bellshill  ( Co Manger walks)

Threave 1 Gow 1

Good battling display by Gow last night.  Threave played well. Good point considering.

Referee made some baffling decisions for either side, loved a yellow card and very little game management skills.

Lost count of yellows issued and a red each late on.  

Great wee ground.

19 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Threave 1 Gow 1

Good battling display by Gow last night.  Threave played well. Good point considering.

Referee made some baffling decisions for either side, loved a yellow card and very little game management skills.

Lost count of yellows issued and a red each late on.  

Great wee ground.

Did you have one of their pies or sausage rolls?  Both excellent.   Great set up, as you say.

Threave are the team who impressed me most this season. Only got one game to go on. Well set up and like to try and play football. 

4 hours ago, bc57 said:

Did you have one of their pies or sausage rolls?  Both excellent.   Great set up, as you say.

Threave are the team who impressed me most this season. Only got one game to go on. Well set up and like to try and play football. 

Both looked good, got a pie. Never seen a pie so packed with filling before. Keep you going for a week lol.

Threave were determined and played some good stuff. Final touch deserted them at times. Wee no 8 is a class player, think he's Dunglinson, a buzz bomb.

We did well to get a point, we did have our chances too but mostly played on the counter.

Seemed like a completely different team to the one we beat 3-1 at Craighead.

Lanark seem to be coming together at the right time and looking good for promotion.

Edited by Father Ted

43 points from a possible 51 since new management team arrived.

Pleasantly surprised to note that we have the best defensive record in the division, having conceded 12 goals in our first 5 games, then 18 in our next 17 games.

A record to be protecting as we reach the business end of the season.

Edited by bc57

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

43 points from a possible 51 since new management team arrived.

Pleasantly surprised to note that we have the best defensive record in the division, having conceded 12 goals in our first 5 games, then 18 in our next 17 games.

A record to be protecting as we reach the business end of the season.

Watch Lanark a few weeks ago and I think they look a very experienced team, defense looks very strong although I felt uncomfortable when the big center half kept taking the ball too far but luckily he wasn't pressured enough.

Out of the top 10, I haven't seen Greenock or Threave play but I think Lanark will go up, well need to check their games still to play, is it a good run in?