Third Division 23/24

Lochar Thistle 1 Lesmahagow 3

Two well taken goals by Kieran Maguire saw Gow go in 2-0 at half time.

Lochar got one back from the spot after a dodgy pass back to Gow keeper.

Lawlor scored third for Gow later in second half.

Good game, played at a good pace. Gow maybe could have got a couple more. Lochar hit woodwork too.

Gow looked assured throughout and good run out before our Clydesdale Cup Final against Forth on Monday.

51 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Lochar Thistle 1 Lesmahagow 3

Two well taken goals by Kieran Maguire saw Gow go in 2-0 at half time.

Lochar got one back from the spot after a dodgy pass back to Gow keeper.

Lawlor scored third for Gow later in second half.

Good game, played at a good pace. Gow maybe could have got a couple more. Lochar hit woodwork too.

Gow looked assured throughout and good run out before our Clydesdale Cup Final against Forth on Monday.

Looking forward to making the trip down next Saturday. Feels like it's hardly any time since we were last there!

5 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Looking forward to making the trip down next Saturday. Feels like it's hardly any time since we were last there!

Yeah I know, but be good to get going again. Expecting a much tougher time than your last visit.

We are motoring along well and scoring plenty. I'm sure it will be a good game.

After delving into the West last season by means of Div 4. was so looking forward to expanding my knowledge watching Div 3

Even to the extent of putting potential visits on my wall calendar. Now, following GU's signing policy and subsequent statements from them, along with being embroiled in that thread about it. I think I might be sticking to SOS games; fully expecting now to be told of some players who have done similar there.

Clydesdale Cup Final

Forth W 0 Lesmahagow 8 (Eight)

Gow run amok at midge infested Kingshill Park.

Pre match thoughts of a tight game were dismissed as Gow led 4-0 at half time.

Polished performance from the Gow to end our good pre season on a high and picked up a wee bit of silverware.

Last goal was class: https://www.facebook.com/groups/492969744447375/permalink/1626018187809186/

Edited by Father Ted

36 hours and counting. Let's get some previews on here from posters for this weekend's opening round of fixtures. This could be a cracking season. Cant really see any weak teams from the off.

But time will tell.

17 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

36 hours and counting. Let's get some previews on here from posters for this weekend's opening round of fixtures. This could be a cracking season. Cant really see any weak teams from the off.

But time will tell.

Have got absolutely no clue how Lanark will fare this season. Time will indeed tell. My sense is we are light on numbers. Having lost Derry Lang to Stranraer we have to be worse off up front, particularly in the absence of a replacement so far.

41 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Have got absolutely no clue how Lanark will fare this season. Time will indeed tell. My sense is we are light on numbers. Having lost Derry Lang to Stranraer we have to be worse off up front, particularly in the absence of a replacement so far.

Do you reckon Lang will do well in L2?

6 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

But time will tell.

How many of the teams have you seen?

25 minutes ago, outsider said:

How many of the teams have you seen?

Maybe about half since turn of year. Been keeping an eye on preseason scores and chatting with people who have seen some of teams I haven't.

I know it's a bit of a generalisation to say no weak teams. Feel the weaker existing teams have dropped into Div 4.

Of the 3 promoted West Park are the unknown what with all the upheaval they have had.

Will get to as many Div 3 games as circumstances allow.

12 hours ago, Moonball said:

Do you reckon Lang will do well in L2?

He is quick and has talent but I never watch L2 so not sure how big a jump it is for him.  He is a grafter. My mate who has managed in L1 says there is a player in there so with good coaching , who knows?  I hope he does well.

On 27/07/2023 at 17:26, HorseyGhirl said:

But time will tell.

The Gow finished strongly last season but just missed out on promotion. Made some key signings and had a good free scoring pre season.

Team ethos seems to be "attack, attack, attack". Defending in packs all over park too. Really impressed with how management and team are evolving.

Third time lucky hopefully.

Edited by Father Ted

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

The Gow finished strongly last season but just missed out on promotion. Made some key signings and had a good free scoring pre season.

Team ethos seems to be "attack, attack, attack". Defending in packs all over park too. Really impressed with how management and team are evolving.

Third time lucky hopefully.

Been told boys looked impressive at Lochar. Personally I fancy Gow to go up this season. Hopefully see you at Kilsyth Sportsfield on 12th when up for a visit.

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

Been told boys looked impressive at Lochar. Personally I fancy Gow to go up this season. Hopefully see you at Kilsyth Sportsfield on 12th when up for a visit.

Looking forward to the "cage". I will be there, be good to put a face to the name.

They've done well up there and considering manager is only 23, says a lot for him.

Lochar gave us a good game, difference was our forward line was more clinical on the day.

25 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Looking forward to the "cage". I will be there, be good to put a face to the name.

They've done well up there and considering manager is only 23, says a lot for him.

Lochar gave us a good game, difference was our forward line was more clinical on the day.

I know a number of the coaching staff and players from when I was a youth coach back home.

The new teams in the cages get a lot of criticism from the traditionalists.

They are a young club, with a young committee who are dedicated to putting something sustainable in place. There is no money man or daddy figure behind them.

For me they should be applauded, encouraged and supported in what they are trying to build in Kilsyth.

23 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I know a number of the coaching staff and players from when I was a youth coach back home.

The new teams in the cages get a lot of criticism from the traditionalists.

They are a young club, with a young committee who are dedicated to putting something sustainable in place. There is no money man or daddy figure behind them.

For me they should be applauded, encouraged and supported in what they are trying to build in Kilsyth.

All teams have to start somewhere. As long as there is a pitch and goals, I'm happy. Although a pie shop should be mandatory.

Good luck to them. They've certainly made a good start where it matters, on the pitch.

Gartcairn haven't let a cage hold them back. It's turning into a good facility.

Just now, Father Ted said:

All teams have to start somewhere. As long as there is a pitch and goals, I'm happy. Although a pie shop should be mandatory.

Good luck to them. They've certainly made a good start where it matters, on the pitch.

Gartcairn haven't let a cage hold them back. It's turning into a good facility.

A wee birdie has told me they have catering planned for each game. No idea what.

They are a great bunch of boys, all very respectful and understanding of their responsibilities as role models to the younger teams in the setup. And they try to play football at all times no matter the opposition.