Third Division 23/24

Finnart 1-2 bellshill

another good win on the road for Bellshill yesterday not the best performance going a goal down early but dug in and got the points with a great winning goal from Jack Currie 

a will start on a positive regarding Finnart there committee boy was outstanding the whole game laughing and joking away with all the Bellshill fans which is always great to see 

On an unfortunate negative note the park isn’t great the facilities are nonexistent not even a vending machine to get a juice and heard afterwards our players couldn’t even get a shower as the next group who had booked the park we’re using that area to get changed not great and simply unacceptable at this level 

also to add to comments further up this thread their team come across as a proper gang perhaps spending more time concentrating on there football instead of arguing with older fans and young kids they might get on a bit better 

anyway 2 wins from 2 for the hill and onto Saturday and a first home league game of the season 🟡⚫🟡⚫

IMG_9620.png

IMG_9621.jpeg

Edited by BAFCyellowandblack
Spelling

Tough opening 3 games for Glasgow Utd but happy wae results,Irvine Vics on opening day maybe a bit to soon for certain signings,getting up to speed now and looking sharp and ready to battle in games,a major thing that's been missing of late.

Screenshot_20230806_203403_X.jpg

20 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

See it was Irvine Vics 1 Kello Rovers 0 last night. Good three points fir Vics but what's happened to Kello. Have they lost players?

Believe Vics played part of the game with 10  men too. Losing only 1 goal is a big improvement on previous 2 games

Kilsyth Athletic 5 Lesmahagow 4

Need to stop giving cheap goals away. It was 5-1 to Kilsyth on 55 minutes. 

Gow missed a penalty and two gilt edge chances. Did well to get back into it. 

At 5-4, the monumental timewasting by the keeper and others, was poor.

However, if our defending was far better in first half, chronic time wasting by opponents wouldn't be an issue.

Must do better.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Kilsyth Athletic 5 Lesmahagow 4

Need to stop giving cheap goals away. It was 5-1 to Kilsyth on 55 minutes. 

Gow missed a penalty and two gilt edge chances. Did well to get back into it. 

At 5-4, the monumental timewasting by the keeper and others, was poor.

However, if our defending was far better in first half, chronic time wasting by opponents wouldn't be an issue.

Must do better.

Didn't get up today as plans changed. 

It's funny how both sides say same thing. Kilsyth boys I spoke with annoyed at what they see as cheap goals given away by them.

I believe it's called game management now. No denials from them, all teams do it. Pretty sure Gow would have done similar in same position.

Shaping up to be an exciting league. 

Hopefully be at Threave Girvan game on Wed.

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Didn't get up today as plans changed. 

It's funny how both sides say same thing. Kilsyth boys I spoke with annoyed at what they see as cheap goals given away by them.

I believe it's called game management now. No denials from them, all teams do it. Pretty sure Gow would have done similar in same position.

Shaping up to be an exciting league. 

Hopefully be at Threave Girvan game on Wed.

Well there's game management and then there's ripping the arse out of it.

I look forward to their visit to Craighead.

5 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Vale of Leven 1-0 Lanark United. 

A fantastic performance today, well worthy of all three points. A competitive, hard fought match throughout, a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. 

20230812_135901.jpg

Wow. All about opinions and I don't dispute you created more chances but there were certainly no fantastic performances on show today by either side. Your veteran defender, Andy?, had a good game.

9 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Well there's game management and then there's ripping the arse out of it.

I look forward to their visit to Craighead.

That's when the ref should be doing his job. Did he warn the Kilsyth boys about it at any time? I believe it's a bookable offence and the ref should be adding on additional time or my favourite stopping his stopwatch everytime it happens.

Hope the locals treated you well and the weather wasn't too bad at the Illustrious Sportsfield. Cumbernauld and Kilsyth folk don't get many visitors, it not being a tourist destination. As such they don't have much experience on how to act when there have visitors. 😀😀

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That's when the ref should be doing his job. Did he warn the Kilsyth boys about it at any time? I believe it's a bookable offence and the ref should be adding on additional time or my favourite stopping his stopwatch everytime it happens.

Hope the locals treated you well and the weather wasn't too bad at the Illustrious Sportsfield. Cumbernauld and Kilsyth folk don't get many visitors, it not being a tourist destination. As such they don't have much experience on how to act when there have visitors. 😀😀

He didn't do his job very well.  

Locals were fine. Although think there was more on bench than supporting them.

No catering was a big disappointment 

18 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

He didn't do his job very well.  

Locals were fine. Although think there was more on bench than supporting them.

No catering was a big disappointment 

Aye they are only into their 3rd season of existence. So they have no existing fanbase to speak of.

Sorry to hear about catering, I heard preseason they were trying to put something in place for that.

It's okay for locals but if you have travelled up the length of Lanarkshire or from Ayrshire you need something warm to drink/eat. There is scope at the Sportsfield to grow and provide fan facilities. And a willing council.

But takes time and money and also a person who can organise that side of things. Don't know if the boys have that kind of backup. 

Still they should be encouraged, there's no money man using them as a plaything. All locals trying to build something.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

It does take time, when you are self reliant.

I'm sure they will get there but should try and get a wee chuck wagon into car park but I suppose that's dependent on decent trade.

I agree, particularly this season in which there will be visiting supporters.

I will pass your feedback onto the boys.