Third Division 23/24

Lanark 0 - 3 Bellshill 

another away win for Bellshill in what really should have been a more comfortable game had enough chances to go in 4 up at half time instead of just 1-0 but a Kieron markey hat trick insured the win against a Lanark team that look to have some troubles on the park they looked nowhere near the side we faced last season although I here changes are coming in the next few days 

off the park though always enjoy a trip to Lanark great setting for a game of football and a proper old junior feel to the ground and the park looked and played really well 

now onto Saturday and a home league tie against the gow 

🟡⚫🟡⚫

IMG_9799.png

IMG_9800.png

4 hours ago, BAFCyellowandblack said:

Lanark 0 - 3 Bellshill 

another away win for Bellshill in what really should have been a more comfortable game had enough chances to go in 4 up at half time instead of just 1-0 but a Kieron markey hat trick insured the win against a Lanark team that look to have some troubles on the park they looked nowhere near the side we faced last season although I here changes are coming in the next few days 

off the park though always enjoy a trip to Lanark great setting for a game of football and a proper old junior feel to the ground and the park looked and played really well 

now onto Saturday and a home league tie against the gow 

🟡⚫🟡⚫

IMG_9799.png

IMG_9800.png

Missed this game but I heard the scoreline flattered us.

We do indeed have problems, principally a thin, youthful squad and now a new management team, which will hopefully resolve some if not all of the problems. We have some talent , so all is not lost.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Missed this game but I heard the scoreline flattered us.

We do indeed have problems, principally a thin, youthful squad and now a new management team, which will hopefully resolve some if not all of the problems. We have some talent , so all is not lost.

Yes looked a young side yous have a great ground and setup so everything is there off the park am sure on the park will sort itself out all the best for the rest of the season 👍

3 hours ago, bc57 said:

Our captain Gary Campbell has followed the management team who signed him out the door.  He will be missed as he has played very well for us throughout his time at Lanark.

Now told our keeper Liam Campbell has also jumped ship. Barely played and didn't inspire any great confidence so less concerned about that member of the clan leaving.

Our thin squad is now barely a starting 11 as Simon Eeles also played, so 3 down in a week plus local lad Jack Hamilton seems to have gone elsewhere but may return with the change of management.

20 hours ago, bc57 said:

Now told our keeper Liam Campbell has also jumped ship. Barely played and didn't inspire any great confidence so less concerned about that member of the clan leaving.

Our thin squad is now barely a starting 11 as Simon Eeles also played, so 3 down in a week plus local lad Jack Hamilton seems to have gone elsewhere but may return with the change of management.

And another one bites the dust. John Barr who we also did not get the opportunity to see much of due to injury. Very encouraging to his colleagues from the bench, to be fair. Vocal is what we need as we are too quiet, IMO

17 minutes ago, bc57 said:

And another one bites the dust. John Barr who we also did not get the opportunity to see much of due to injury. Very encouraging to his colleagues from the bench, to be fair. Vocal is what we need as we are too quiet, IMO

You will be getting drafted into squad at this rate for Muirkirk game tomorrow.

Is new manager not in yet?

9 hours ago, Father Ted said:

You will be getting drafted into squad at this rate for Muirkirk game tomorrow.

Is new manager not in yet?

Announced yesterday. I am presuming he will bring an entourage with him , otherwise I'll need to break the dubbin out.

1 minute ago, bc57 said:

Announced yesterday. I am presuming he will bring an entourage with him , otherwise I'll need to break the dubbin out.

I heard possibly as many as eight players.

If he continues the success he's had at ammies you will do alright.

Just keep that dubbing ready for tomorrow, just incase👍

Bellshill Athletic 5 Lesmahagow 5

The Gow continue their rampant goalscoring exploits only to be matched by their ability to let them in.

Crusing 3-1 at half time. Wind played a factor in the game.  4-4 with minutes to go. Gow got a penalty 5-4, Bellshill raced up the park 5-5. Ref blew full time.

Normally getting a draw away from home wouldn't be a bad result but considering we were 5-4 up with seconds to go, feels like one that got away.

19 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I heard possibly as many as eight players.

If he continues the success he's had at ammies you will do alright.

Just keep that dubbing ready for tomorrow, just incase👍

10 in the starting line up and at least 3 subs came on Davie Collins not stripped so at least 14, if not more. They are a good unit, no doubt. Fit and play good stuff. Am hoping no hasty decisions taken to jettison some from the original squad but there are going to be some decent players available to be signed in the near future, no doubt.

Great to see big Liam back at Moor Park.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

10 in the starting line up and at least 3 subs came on Davie Collins not stripped so at least 14, if not more. They are a good unit, no doubt. Fit and play good stuff. Am hoping no hasty decisions taken to jettison some from the original squad but there are going to be some decent players available to be signed in the near future, no doubt.

Great to see big Liam back at Moor Park.

That's good. I saw Liam in there line ups and I mind him being at Lanark but didn't know if he was heading over.

They narrowly missed out on CAFL title last season, so a good squad.

Bellshill 5 - 5 the gow 

another quiet game down the Rockburn 😂😂 

a bizarre game were Bellshill stole a point and can feel robbed of three as well 

good start saw us one up before 3 quick fire goals turned the game on its head 3-1 down Bellshill looked to have a stonewall penalty not given when the referee seemed to play advantage only for the Bellshill striker to score and then be given offside but no penalty awarded did get another goal to make it 3-2 half time 

second half saw the gow score from a fairway out to go 4-2 then two goals from crosses made it 4-4 now onto the refs second disaster of the day with the gow player running threw on goal the Bellshill defender decided to “take one for the team” and pull him down a good 3 to 4 yards outside the box amazingly with the gow setting up for the freekick the referee indicated it was a penalty he had gave 5-4 and what looked like the winner only for Bellshill to get up the park one last time and snatch a point 

still undefeated and onto theave on Saturday 🟡⚫🟡⚫

IMG_9843.png

IMG_9842.png