First Divison 23/24

10 hours ago, PossilYM said:

No big deal going up to a dead league were licensed clubs especially in Ayrshire are trying to figure out how to not get promoted to the LL.

Can't argue with your sentiment, this can of worms is opened constantly, but, sfl still pay's lip service to the Pyramid also, no league champion should have to go into a playoff scenario, three up and three down from LL, simples !!!!

Think there's a few threads discussing this .

Edited by 99blue baloons
sticky key

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

Yep, Owen McGinty always catches the eye when I watch Cambuslang, he scored a good goal last night and almost scored from the halfway line in the second half. He needs to cut out the diving though, he does a couple every time I watch him as well, he's better than that nonsense.

Was at a game a few months back and got speaking to his old man who was also stood with Rangers ex GK Lee Robinson who was in attendance. 

He seems a decent player for the Lang but with relegation inevitable will they manage to keep a hold of him.

👋👋 See you next season.

Can you all just let Johnstone Burgh be promoted. Please and thank you 😅

Be a few grounds I have never been to or not for years like St Rochs, Renfrew and Maybole...

Should be interesting games v Ardrossan, Kilbirnie and Kilwinning at least next season for us in what I am sure will be a tight competitive league.

I'm going to go for Drumchapel, Shotts and either Blantyre, Rutherglen or Shotts for the third place.

Unfortunately with Beith looking like they are winning the Premier then we won't have a fourth team promoted.

13 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I'm going to go for Drumchapel, Shotts and either Blantyre, Rutherglen or Shotts for the third place.

Unfortunately with Beith looking like they are winning the Premier then we won't have a fourth team promoted.

Shotts getting promoted twice?

5 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Were Shotts not in the same sort of position last season, the fell apart as the postponed games built up?

Yes, watched them in two games at the end of the season, they lost but both games I watched they were strong but deserved to be beaten by better teams on the day.  Sure they had a backlog of fixtures at the time, unsure, maybe someone can help

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yes, watched them in two games at the end of the season, they lost but both games I watched they were strong but deserved to be beaten by better teams on the day.  Sure they had a backlog of fixtures at the time, unsure, maybe someone can help

It has seemed like that for a while. Decent cup runs impact the league fixtures.

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

It did seem that way last year.
Suppose this is the norm for a lot of clubs

You would think that they'd dig out enough points from the remaining games this time, but so many games to play will be hard. I'm not underestimating it. They've done well and played some good stuff, but they are prone to the odd stinker. If they were all consistently good they probably wouldn't be at Shotts.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

It would appear that if you get a good run in the cups it impacts on your league game scheduling. The problem is any postponements and a run in cups causes the fixture secretary problems as most teams will need to sit and wait to play the same team. Where the current rules don’t work is if the fixture secretary doesn’t issue a fixture and a club with a few games to catch up on and they have a team to play with maybe only 2 games left and they want to bring forward a game both teams need to agree to the fixture change and that is not helpful. We now have health and players wellbeing to respect and also remember that these are part time players who have work commitments. SPFL teams don’t have the fixture scheduling that some of Wosfl teams have. This is a very important issue that needs to be seriously addressed before god forbid there is a serious incident. 

2 hours ago, timeforchange said:

It would appear that if you get a good run in the cups it impacts on your league game scheduling. The problem is any postponements and a run in cups causes the fixture secretary problems as most teams will need to sit and wait to play the same team. Where the current rules don’t work is if the fixture secretary doesn’t issue a fixture and a club with a few games to catch up on and they have a team to play with maybe only 2 games left and they want to bring forward a game both teams need to agree to the fixture change and that is not helpful. We now have health and players wellbeing to respect and also remember that these are part time players who have work commitments. SPFL teams don’t have the fixture scheduling that some of Wosfl teams have. This is a very important issue that needs to be seriously addressed before god forbid there is a serious incident. 

A bit over the top, no? It's a bit of fixture congestion, not an invitation to fight to the death.