Player signed you were most excited about...

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

Afore my time 

I don't think Sammut was the worst of that batch but many thinking being captain in an EPL u21 team did mean he is the next Stevie Gerrard to some . He would be playing with many Johnny foreigner in that Chelsea team that he may have even got that captain role due to speaking English.

Sammut could've been a squad player for us that season pretty much was, not the superstar that a few thought. If Sammut was all that, he wouldn't be at a 2nd tier Scottish side, like many of the Chelsea youngsters at that time, he'd be English championship or league one in England not with us

Fasan had a stormer against QoS....he made a 3-0 out of what could easily been 10-0, even still if memory is right he should've done better at 1or2 of the goals he did concede that day. He did have a worldy save in him but would roll the ball in the net after that 

Ah, I think it was Leo Fasan, I've seen highlights that say he was shite, he just played well against us. 

On 18/06/2023 at 12:21, Aidan said:

Jahmal Howlett-Mundle came in on loan from Hearts having joined them after I think being named the Crystal Palace academy player of the year or something. He was only there for 3 games and from memory was absolutely pish.

So bad that I have absolutely zero memory of him!

Craig Wighton was supposedly the next big thing who we were lucky to have when we signed him on loan from Dundee. He was shite.

Some imposter called Stephen Reynolds was again loaned to us with much “look after him” “lucky to have him” from St Johnstone fans, he had some ridiculous goal scoring record at youth level. He was atrocious and never made it as a footballer in the end. Dreadful.

Not one I was overly excited about but paid money for after scoring goals in Aberdeen's reserves was John Stewart. I How the hell that happened I don't know because he was absolutely rancid playing first team football. A complete waste of 40k. Similar could be said of Ken Eadie who cost 50k from Brechin, left us after hardly scoring a goal went to Clydebank and is there all time record goalscorer and hall of fame inductee. 

28 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Not one I was overly excited about but paid money for after scoring goals in Aberdeen's reserves was John Stewart. I How the hell that happened I don't know because he was absolutely rancid playing first team football. A complete waste of 40k. Similar could be said of Ken Eadie who cost 50k from Brechin, left us after hardly scoring a goal went to Clydebank and is there all time record goalscorer and hall of fame inductee. 

Ken Eadie only seemed to score against Motherwell.

On 21/06/2023 at 12:28, broomiesniper said:

So bad that I have absolutely zero memory of him!

My over riding memory of him is that he could only head the ball directly up in the air meaning any aerial ball aimed at him was immediately inviting pressure. He only played 3 games, in which we lost them all. 3-1 defeats away to both Clyde and East Stirling and a 6-1 at Links Park against Queens Park. 

These were the games immediately following the Scottish Cup defeat to LTHV where we lost a few key players to injury, I think possibly Andrew Steeves, Terry Masson and Ross McCord all ended up missing a number of games from memory.

This was our squad for the Queens Park game😬

IMG_4372.png

On 21/06/2023 at 13:21, Enigma said:

Some imposter called Stephen Reynolds was again loaned to us with much “look after him” “lucky to have him” from St Johnstone fans, he had some ridiculous goal scoring record at youth level. He was atrocious and never made it as a footballer in the end. Dreadful.

He was rated higher than Stevie May and had trials at Man U.

By most accounts he simply fell out of love with the game due to the amount of pressure he got put under. Dont think he plays at any level now, seemingly not even a kick about with pals, and hasnt regularly since leaving us over 10 years ago.

There'll be little sympathy from most folk tbh, but its a fairly sad tale, although hes seemingly a lot happier being away from it so guess its a good ending.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was rated higher than Stevie May and had trials at Man U.

By most accounts he simply fell out of love with the game due to the amount of pressure he got put under. Dont think he plays at any level now, seemingly not even a kick about with pals, and hasnt regularly since leaving us over 10 years ago.

There'll be little sympathy from most folk tbh, but its a fairly sad tale, although hes seemingly a lot happier being away from it so guess its a good ending.

Yeah probably a lesson in you can have all the talent in the world but if the mental side isn’t there you won’t make it. We had a guy Matthew Knox on trial for us once, who again was a bit of a prodigy, trials with Man United etc. you could tell he had a nice touch and was technically a good footballer but he just looked and played like a youth footballer, he’s at Musselburgh now.

On 23/06/2023 at 18:13, ebobsboy said:

Wash your mouth out with soap and water! John Stewart is a QoS footballing legend!! 

(He was still pretty mince, mind you)

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wash your mouth out with soap and water! John Stewart is a QoS footballing legend!! 

(He was still pretty mince, mind you)

John Stewart had in reality only one game of note for us. But WHAT a game!

He should never have to buy another drink in Dumfries again.